Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

In two weeks I sign custody of my kids away. ( please READ the POST )

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Because I love them. There is a fine line between fighting for them, and fighting over them. I will not use my children as objects. As something to be drug to court every other month. They will grow up normal happy children because they are loved. And because I love them I am doing what is best right now for them. Two years ago I was a sahm. Raising my 3 beautiful girls. Today I get visitation. I pick them up from school on the days I'm off. They live 10 minutes from me. When I got divorced things were hard. I wasn't getting child support so I moved in with my boyfriend because I needed help. We didn't get married and that started a custody war. My children were placed in temp custody of my ex. I have spent the past few months overcoming severe depression a nervous breakdown and each day I am trying to feel normal again. My kids are very loved and cared for. Surrounded by family. I made the decision to sign away custody so they could keep their normal as much as possible. In two weeks I sign custody away and I will get a check for 9,000 in back child support. My kids will continue living their lives in what is considered our new normal. My ex and I are on ok terms after I pretty much surrendered. I will get open visitation. Any time I want to see them I can. I talk to them daily. Take them for ice cream after school. I love my kids so I'm not GIVING THEM UP. I'm GIVING THEM NORMAL AND HAPPINESS. I am confident in my decision, and I hope they understand some day.

EDIT TO CLARIFY- the papers will be signed at a COURTHOUSE with LAWYERS in front of a JUDGE. the papers will be on MY terms or i will not sign. this is voluntary to quit the fight.

the MONEY- i did not know about it until after we made this decision. i am not SELLING my kids. that will go to pay for me moving to a new house, and i start COLLEGE in january. i think his family came up with the idea with his lawyer so during this time i can go ahead and get my degrees.

its not my RIGHTS- its CUSTODY. i will have open visitation. i see them muliple times a week. and i will get weekends. i dont have to worry about them moving or thier father getting a new wife. hes not into that. hes...different. *i* filed for divorce. i left. he didnt leave me.

i really am doing whats best for them.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 25, 2013 at 9:24 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Aug. 25, 2013 at 9:36 PM

I am guessing that there is way more to the story and that your ex is holding something over you where you would loose custody anyways so you might as well benefit from it, right?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Aug. 25, 2013 at 9:37 PM
1 mom liked this
9k and a bf over the kids?
LilysMama719
by Emmy on Aug. 25, 2013 at 9:37 PM
The title of your post days you are giving custody away.

Quoting Anonymous:

Im not signing away my rights. Just custody. It's no different than a man getting his kids on holidays. Double standard.

Quoting Anonymous:

Sounds like you are giving away your kids for $9k. Pathetic. Lets see how much you are actually "allowed" to see them after you sign away your rights. I would DIE before I willingly gave my babies away.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Aug. 25, 2013 at 9:38 PM

Unless the boyfriend (or you) was unsafe for the children to be around, they wouldnt have been placed with your ex in the first place.

You will never see those kids. You are signing off your rights and will have no legal obligation to them anymore.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Aug. 25, 2013 at 9:38 PM
You think you will get to see them once you sign over your rights? How is this a better idea?
daytonbaby210
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 9:38 PM

I hope this is honestly what you think is right. I don't think that  I could honestly do it. I would do nothing but fight for my son. I have an uncle who has been fighting for about a year now for four little boys who are his world. he has been through hell and back but never gave up.

La_Vie_en_R0se
by Gold Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 9:38 PM
1 mom liked this
I am confused. You are signing custody over, not your parental rights, correct? Essentially you are done fighting a custody battle and have given custody to your ex. But you still have parental rights, such as visitation, right? I think people are getting the terms confused because I keep seeing that you are giving up your rights but I didn't see you say that.
Wicked.Jester
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 9:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Signing your rights away is different than giving him primary custody.  Why was that not an option?

I would never sign my rights to my children away.

NEVER.

Quoting Anonymous:

The point is it was nothing but fighting. My kids being drug to 10 hour court sessions? That was severely painful.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't even know what to say. A mother not fighting for her children, it's very sad to me!

jakesmom323
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 9:39 PM
Wow. Just wow.
mommytothree07
by Gold Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 9:40 PM
What happens if he keeps them away
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)