Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

can yours wear jeans to school ?

Posted by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 8:23 AM
  • 339 Replies
Ours goes to a public school, first grade. I give her two oufits everyday to choose from. She told me to stop putting pants and t-shirts because her teacher said for everyone to tell their parents that they are not allowed to wear jeans.wtf.is this normal and allowed for schools to say that ? There is nothing about it in the handbook.
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 8:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dawnjohnson5
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 8:24 AM
1 mom liked this
Mine go to a public school that requires uniforms, but jeans are allowed. Jeans were added as part of the uniform last year.
jojo_star
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 8:25 AM
1 mom liked this
Mine all wear jeans....
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 26, 2013 at 8:26 AM
1 mom liked this

Maybe they are too hot for right now?  I know where we live if you wore jeans, then you would be a sweaty mess.

Lisha77
by Gold Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 8:27 AM
Only on Fridays.
MaskedMomma
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 8:27 AM
No uniforms here, we are in ohio, its been cooler weather latly with a few last summer days here and there.
TableforSeven
by Ruby Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 8:28 AM

The private high school my oldest attended in the states didn't allow jeans....but all of the public schools as well as the private school my younger kids attended all allowed jeans.  I would call the school and ask - you daughter might have misunderstood....maybe they aren't supposed to wear jeans on days when they have gym class or something like that.

littlecolton07
by Rebecca on Aug. 26, 2013 at 8:28 AM
3 moms liked this
Mine are allowed to wear jeans. I've never heard of that.
GleekingOut
by Platinum Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 8:29 AM

Mine wear uniforms - but my eldest went to two schools were they were allowed to wear anything they wanted (within reason) and she lived in jeans. They weren't allowed to be too tight or too baggy -but considering how much time they would have to waste sending people home every day for wearing they wrong type of jeans -the rules were pretty lax.

illinoismommy83
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 8:30 AM
6 moms liked this

If there isn't a uniform, usually jeans are just fine. I would call the school to confirm.

I don't know what my kids would wear to school if jeans weren't allowed. I don't really want DD in some light color khakis or a dress at recess or gym. Jeans are tough and durable and stains come out very well. They are ideal for a place full of wild young children.

momof3jam
by Platinum Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 8:40 AM

Mine wear uniforms now (dark blue pants and light blue polos) but at DS' old school they could wear whatever they wanted, as long as it wasn't offensive, and covered inappropriate areas.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)