Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Does anyone have a baby anymore without medical interventions?

Posted by   + Show Post

I can't believe the number of people wanting to be induced or having there labor augmented with pitocin. I  do know that sometimes it is needed.

by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 4:26 PM
Replies (271-280):
HerPrettyMomma
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 7:43 PM
I . Opted for an epidural but it didn't work.. Only numbed my left leg.. So I felt EVERYTHING! 5 minutes after I delivered my baby girl.. I was only at 8 cm and had to be stretched manually by dr bcuz we lost babies heartbeat.. Shouldn't I have been checked to see how far dilated I was before failed attempt at epi?
PinkButterfly66
by Emerald Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 7:43 PM
1 mom liked this

I consider epidural, god's gift to women in child labor.  If I ever got pregnant again, I'd do it the same damn way, with an epidural.

HisB0107
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 7:45 PM

I was given pitocin with my first because having a bicornuate uterus, my contractions don't stay consistent. Second one was a full induction due to a complication... it sucks, but it had to be done. HOping to be able to get this one going on my own :-/

Anonymous
by Anonymous 31 on Aug. 26, 2013 at 7:45 PM
I can't blame anyone but myself for my need of intervention. I had an epidural which stopped my contractions. I needed quite a bit of pitocin to get them going again. But I certainly don't regret my epidural!
Jenn1004cat

I got in the labor room with about 2 pushes left to go. This was unintentional - and a long story - but as a resuld there were no drugs to induce or for pain (I had planned to ask for an epidural...). Baby and mom came through well. : )

TjPayne23
I had both mine with no med's!
chocolate75751
by Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 7:47 PM

I stayed home till my water broke all 3 times, I had the epi, was lucky to have even gotten that I was almost ready to deliver. The second time around the epi didn't work hardly. Other than the epi I didn't have anything till after delivery and that's when they gave me the pitocin.

poppys_mommy
by Silver Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 7:48 PM

of course.  Needed intervention for my 1st (there were some complications) but none with my 2nd.   So many people do though.  I get your point OP.

LowryCuisine
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 7:50 PM
I had an epi but that was it.
Blueluvr
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 7:51 PM

I had both children prematurely.. Lords knows I wish I could of held onto them longer. Why women want labor induced is... well it's NOT beyond me. For the sake of my last I held on as long as I could.. But he was KILLING ME! Lol.. I would cry and beg for him to come out. Lol But other than that.. I'm not too sure why women would do that. It's done a special way.. why bother with the "system" Lol..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN