Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Please Ladies, teach your small children not to get into an unfamiliar car or with unfamiliar people just because a teacher tells them to!!!

Posted by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 4:31 PM
  • 266 Replies
7 moms liked this

Wow. It's been a day, and it's not over yet. Anyway, I went to pick Colton up from school. They give you a card with your kid's name on it, and you put it in your window. When you go through car line, there's a woman with a microphone, she reads the name into the mic and then a cone number. If the person before you went to say, cone 3 (I'll use that since that's where the person before me was directed to), you go to cone 1.

I pull up to cone 1 and there's a woman there with a little boy and she says, "This is your car?" He says, "Yes" and she opens my van door and he starts to climb in. I was kind of stunned and I was like, "That's not my kid." She was still trying to get him to get in, so I said it again. I said, "I'm waiting on Colton.....this little boy isn't mine."

So scary that the little boy was going to hop in with me just because the teacher told him to.

EDIT: I've said this several times in replies, and after reading replies just now, I should say it again. First, it is the Pre-K thru 1st car line, however, Pre-K and K didn't attend school on Monday. That means the boy had to be a first grader.

Second: She asked him if it was his ride before he could even see who was in the car. He didn't see me until the door opened. When he did see me, he made a face and started trying to back away. The lady kept nudging him and telling him to get in. When I told her that he wasn't mine, and she still kept ushering him in, he gave up trying to back awa and got in anyway. He was IN my van and about to sit down when I told her again that he didn't belong to me. He wouldn't speak up.

I'm not "blaming" anyone. It was the first day of school, and a new staff member. She more than likely learned from this.  It's just an important lesson. We have to teach our kids to trust and listen to their teachers, but they also need to be taught to NEVER get into a car with a stranger no matter who tells them to. I know the boy was scared, you could see it on his face, but instead of protesting, he just climbed in.

by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 4:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 26, 2013 at 4:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow, unbelievable.

IncognitoOne
by Ruby Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 4:38 PM

It's the first day of school here. I'm HOPING they're just trying to work out issues and learning new faces. I had never seen that teacher before, so if she was there last year, she taught the higher grades (there's two different car lines).

Quoting Anonymous:

Wow, unbelievable.

jb0520
by Platinum Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 4:40 PM
So scary
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 26, 2013 at 4:41 PM
2 moms liked this

Oh wow. What a mess

Mel0dy
by Platinum Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 4:42 PM

Wow! That is pretty scary. 

IncognitoOne
by Ruby Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 4:43 PM

It is scary.

Quoting jb0520:

So scary

mommyof2andTTC
by Silver Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 4:54 PM
20 moms liked this
Our kids school is very strict with releasing children... our dds teacher stands in between the door and classroom and calls the child individually as she sees the parent to that child. If your not known you HAVE to have I.d. she has a walkie talkie connected to the office and also a "helper teacher" inside with the kids. Getting into the school is fort Knox almost. You have to be buzzed in and if they don't know you right away you have to hold your I.d. up to the camera they have at the door. I love that they are so strict because i know My kids are safe. And that if they aren't on the pick up list for the children there is no way in hell they are releasing that child to them.
proudmommy690
by Ruby Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 4:56 PM
Wow!!! How crazy.
IncognitoOne
by Ruby Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 4:57 PM

That's how they normally are here. It's very hard to take off with the wrong kid there. I'm guessing it was a first day mix up....but still scary that that child would have went with just anyone.

Quoting mommyof2andTTC:

Our kids school is very strict with releasing children... our dds teacher stands in between the door and classroom and calls the child individually as she sees the parent to that child. If your not known you HAVE to have I.d. she has a walkie talkie connected to the office and also a "helper teacher" inside with the kids. Getting into the school is fort Knox almost. You have to be buzzed in and if they don't know you right away you have to hold your I.d. up to the camera they have at the door. I love that they are so strict because i know My kids are safe. And that if they aren't on the pick up list for the children there is no way in hell they are releasing that child to them.

Melissa_4
by Ruby Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 4:59 PM

In our schools, you have to park in the parking lot, walk up to the door, get buzzed in after showing id, go to the office and sign in, and then wait in a designated area for your child to be called to that area before the busses roll.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)