Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I Married a Capable Man--Did you?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 81 Replies
1 mom liked this

He's Mr Fix It, and can fix just about anything...why call a repair man?  From cars, to electronics, to appliances, he can fix what's wrong.  No nambypamby wuss of a man did I marry

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 26, 2013 at 8:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 26, 2013 at 8:20 PM
10 moms liked this
No, luckily for him he didn't marry some prissy little bitch who needs him to be Mr Fix it. I can do it myself :)
momoftwo0406
by Ruby Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 8:21 PM
Nope he is MR. Fix it also although I do know more about cars thanks to my uncles
3MusketeerMama
by EmmaRye Pie on Aug. 26, 2013 at 8:21 PM

My husband can't fix everything. He is able to do a lot of fixes on little things (minor car repairs, things around the house, etc) but for major things we let a professional deal with it. But he is a veterinary surgeon that is amazing at his job, a wonderful husband who helps with the household chores, and is a fantastic hands on dad so I have absolutely no complaints. He also looks like a biker so I doubt anyone would ever call him a "nambypamby" man, lol.

MrsGuthrie
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 8:23 PM
1 mom liked this
My husband builds houses for a living. He is definitely mr.fix it!
alexsmomma06
by Platinum Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 8:23 PM
Yes he can. But I also pull my own weight and am capable myself also.
JustBreath2013
1 mom liked this
He's a jack of all trades but a master of none.... true story
Beautiful31mom
1 mom liked this

Yes, my husband can fix things. But Even if he couldn't I wouldn't call him a "nambypamby wuss of a man" Some men are mr fix its and some are not, you cannot fault a man for not being Mr Fix it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 26, 2013 at 8:24 PM

a surgeon? wow--that's quite capable, i'd say.

Quoting 3MusketeerMama:

My husband can't fix everything. He is able to do a lot of fixes on little things (minor car repairs, things around the house, etc) but for major things we let a professional deal with it. But he is a veterinary surgeon that is amazing at his job, a wonderful husband who helps with the household chores, and is a fantastic hands on dad so I have absolutely no complaints. He also looks like a biker so I doubt anyone would ever call him a "nambypamby" man, lol.

Idntreallycare
by Silver Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 8:24 PM

My husband knows when he isn't experienced enough to handle something. I'd much rather call an electrician to do something simple than have him try to do it and mess up something else. 

LgraceMe
by Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 8:24 PM

My hubby did not come with those features (I blame his parents for letting him play ball & drink with his buddies instead of learning life skills). I did, however, get a very good condolence package with him. What he lacks in manly skills, he makes up for in every other way. It's ok though, just as well. I was raised a type A do-it-all-know-it-all, so I can do it better than anyone else could anyway.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)