Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

It hurts so bad!!!! *maybe tmi for some*

Posted by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 10:40 PM
  • 30 Replies

Ladies, I am dying! I haven't had a period in 3 months (well, like 10 weeks or something). Well, she finally decided to come today, and MAN is it ripping me apart! I never get cramps, when I'm regular. But if I skip a month or 2 it's like someone is going at my insides with a frickin chainsaw! I've taken Tylenol and Ibuprofen and used a heating pad on my tummy and there has been NO relief. And before anyone asks, my tubes are tied. I did take a pregnancy test last week, just to be sure, and it was negative. So it's not an unknown pregnancy turned miscarriage. 

Anyways, any suggestions for how to get rid of the pain? Things you do for yours? Tricks that just seem to work wonders?

Yes, I might be acting alittle over-dramatic LOL but I'm tired, in pain, and feeling a little whiny. :)

by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 10:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 10:41 PM
3 moms liked this
orgasm and a hot bath.
Jaxsonsmama2009
by Gold Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 10:42 PM
Microwave a damp towel. I know you tried a heating pad but the moist heat helps me a lot more. It's so soothing. Be careful though, you can scorch the towel
kylenkodysmom
by Silver Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 10:43 PM
Sorry you're having such a hard time. Have you tried laying a heating pad on your tummy?

I was in a car accident Friday. I have several fractured bones in my foot and ankle. Friday night I started. I really couldn't tell you if I'm cramping badly because my foot and ankle hurt so bad.

Hope you get some relief soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SamNStefanMommy
by Silver Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 10:43 PM

BF isn't here to help with the O. Even if he was, I don't know that I'd let him near the train wreck that is my nether regions right now LOL Day 1 is always the worst. Will a bath work if the heating pad didn't? Oh well. Can't hurt to try, right?

Quoting almondpigeon:

orgasm and a hot bath.

pce68
by Patti on Aug. 26, 2013 at 10:45 PM

No more Tylenol. In my opinion, it does nothing for cramps. Take more ibuprofen than the otc bottles recommend. like 3 or 4 at a time. Or you can go to the dr and get prescription strength ibuprofen. Keep trying the heating pad or a hot shower. And if it doesn't get better in a few hours, call the dr.

almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 10:45 PM
a bath always works wonders for me

Quoting SamNStefanMommy:

BF isn't here to help with the O. Even if he was, I don't know that I'd let him near the train wreck that is my nether regions right now LOL Day 1 is always the worst. Will a bath work if the heating pad didn't? Oh well. Can't hurt to try, right?

Quoting almondpigeon:

orgasm and a hot bath.

SamNStefanMommy
by Silver Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 10:45 PM

Thanks. I might try that. Or a bath like PP suggested. Even if they don't help, they certainly can't hurt at this point.

Quoting Jaxsonsmama2009:

Microwave a damp towel. I know you tried a heating pad but the moist heat helps me a lot more. It's so soothing. Be careful though, you can scorch the towel

Pink.Frosting
by Platinum Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 10:46 PM

I have really painful periods.  The only thing that will help - even if just a little bit - is 800mg of Ibuprofin.  I use the heating pad almost constantly.  I know exactly how you're feeling.  It's awful.  It's gotten so bad for me that I have 3 days a month now where I almost can't even get out of bed.  It's horrid.

SamNStefanMommy
by Silver Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 10:47 PM

I take 800mg 4 times a day because of my chronic back pain. I'm thinking it might be time to ask for something else because it doesn't seem to be working anymore. Moist heat seems to be a common theme. Think I'm going to try that. Probably not a shower since I cant even straighten up. But definitely a bath or moist heating pad contraption.

Quoting pce68:

No more Tylenol. In my opinion, it does nothing for cramps. Take more ibuprofen than the otc bottles recommend. like 3 or 4 at a time. Or you can go to the dr and get prescription strength ibuprofen. Keep trying the heating pad or a hot shower. And if it doesn't get better in a few hours, call the dr.

jlmc
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 10:48 PM
A bath, not just because of the heat but the combination of the heat and water should help relax your muscles and relieve some of the pain, maybe drink some water too.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)