Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Co-parenting sucks!

Posted by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 10:57 PM
  • 43 Replies
1 mom liked this
I was married for over 10 years. My divorce has been final since Feb 15 and we separated last August. The initial BS and animosity has started to fade, but damn it, co-parenting sucks. It's freaking hard. I just want to be the mom and make the decisions like I always used to. Exh never cared before, he would tell me "just take care of it, you're the mom." But because things cost him time, money, commitment... Everything has to go through him first. My boy wants to take golf, I have to ask exh if he's ok taking him on his wknds, if he's ok helping pay, if he's going to help with adtl practices. It's always something. It doesn't matter if its golf, homework, dentist appts, exh always has to make it more difficult. Then after I jump through hoops and try to compromise and find some middle ground, it gets thrown back at me about how I'm being demanding by scheduling all this stuff. Ummm...no, that's called being a parent. I know he didn't do any of it for the first ten years, but that doesn't mean that the stuff didn't get done!

Ok, I feel better. Guess I just needed to vent. I thought I had a question...maybe I forgot.
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 10:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Aug. 26, 2013 at 10:59 PM

It sucks, I know. Hugs mama.

csxt99
by Jennifer on Aug. 26, 2013 at 10:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Doesn't that just make you want to smack him upside his head?  I am glad that I didn't have to deal with that.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Aug. 26, 2013 at 11:00 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting vegaswife2011:

It sucks, I know. Hugs mama.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 26, 2013 at 11:00 PM
I dont think many realize what goes on behind the scenes.
EmilyG10
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 11:00 PM

That would be hard. Sorry hun!

RUMyMummy
by Bronze Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 11:01 PM

It does suck. Hopefully things settle down for you guys.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 26, 2013 at 11:01 PM

sorry momma.  my ex has never asked how I do things and after so long I like it this way. I don't know how i'd take if all of sudden he was like I want things done like this or that.

Sj218
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 11:02 PM
Isn't that the truth!

Quoting Anonymous:

I dont think many realize what goes on behind the scenes.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 26, 2013 at 11:04 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm sorry you're dealing with that. In all honesty, if I was able to do it 100% I'd deal with the extra carriculars myself. I'd rather do it myself, have my child active in life than stifled and dealing with a guy whose free time is more important than progressing his child's life.
anon1986East
by Kali on Aug. 26, 2013 at 11:04 PM

While I've never dealt with this personally I know a lot of single parents, both mothers and fathers, who have found it increasingly difficult to parent their child after they're no longer together. It sucks and in a way, at least the cases I've seen, it has a lot to do with the other parent feeling like they need to have more of a choice now that any lack of attention they may show could be used against them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN