Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Dh was mean to me today :(

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 124 Replies
1 mom liked this

He's been very irritated and in a bad mood since yesterday. He suffers from anxiety and probably an underlying issue with depression that he is in denial that he has. He's not treated for any of it, although I've offered many natural substances to help him (St John's Wart, etc). Anyway, he was soooo ill last night. We went to dinner as a family and he just sat there reading a book on his phone. Ignored everyone. Snapped at me and the kids. He NEVER snaps at the kids but yesterday he did. I haven't seen him in that bad of a mood in a very long time but I believe everyone is entitled to a bad day so I left him alone. Well he woke up ill again this morning...bitching about everything. He said he needed his debit card so I gave it to him before I took the kids to school. I came home and was looking for my wallet because even though my debit card strip is broken and I'm waiting for a new card to arrive I can still go to the bank and get cash with my ID. Well I can't find it. He throws a fit saying "You can't keep up with anything". Uhm, my purse, keys, and wallet go in the same place every day. We have a new puppy and she's been hoarding stuff in my and the kids' room...I've found all kinds of crap in my bed before. No luck finding it and I told him I really needed his card because I have to go to the store for a NEED. He just wanted his debit card for cigarettes. He said "well go stand on the corner then" and left. Whatever. So I went back to searching the house and ten minutes later he came back and threw his card in my face and said "There you whiney little bitch" and left for work.

Normally I don't care about his attitude, as I've said he's never really been THIS iill before, but being pregnant and hormonal I just broke down into tears and felt hurt.

While I know he needs treatment we can't get it until January, when our insurance kicks back in, so he has to wait. I"m hoping he can start taking an herbal suppliment and be willing to try some tips that have helped me over the years I went untreated for the same problems but we'll see. Not looking for advice or a "You need to leave him" I just needed to vent =/

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 27, 2013 at 8:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
poohbearkfc
by Silver Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 8:14 AM
I'm sorry, good luck.
B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 8:15 AM
8 moms liked this

I would have some serious words with my husband if he EVER called me whiny or a bitch or anything else insulting. That is not okay. If he has medical issues causing his moods, fine. He needs to man up and deal with them.

teri4lance
by Platinum Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 8:15 AM
1 mom liked this
Hell no. Just. No.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
seksen
by Gold Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 8:16 AM
2 moms liked this
Ugh men.. I don't care if people are having a bad day. There is NO excuse to treat the ones you love with disrespect. I'm sorry :(
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 27, 2013 at 8:18 AM
2 moms liked this

He needs to be a MAN about his situation, and not treat YOU like shit because HE feels lousy...i suggest YOU get some counseling and learn how to deal with his hellish behavior, and what are you going to do once the baby's here and he's just as bad?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 27, 2013 at 8:19 AM
5 moms liked this

ANY decent MAN would tell his wife he's having a bad day and ask for help....Your man is a douchebag- a used one, that needs tossing out

childofGod995
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 8:19 AM

perhaps sitting down with him sometime when the kids are in bed and asking him what is bothering him that he is getting madder at you than usual. perhaps you can iron out the problem and come up with a solution. aside from him needing medication(which is really just like putting a bandaid on a wound) , communication is also very important. perhaps something at work is bothering him. just when talking to him, do not do the blame game, because remember it takes 2 to make an argument. think over while he is at work what you want to say and when you get the right time discuss it civilly like two grown adults.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 27, 2013 at 8:21 AM
1 mom liked this

suppose her man is NEVER in a good mood to discuss anything? What is she supposed to do then?  From the sounds of it, OP has been in this situation for quite some time...the 'right' time never comes around

Quoting childofGod995:

perhaps sitting down with him sometime when the kids are in bed and asking him what is bothering him that he is getting madder at you than usual. perhaps you can iron out the problem and come up with a solution. aside from him needing medication(which is really just like putting a bandaid on a wound) , communication is also very important. perhaps something at work is bothering him. just when talking to him, do not do the blame game, because remember it takes 2 to make an argument. think over while he is at work what you want to say and when you get the right time discuss it civilly like two grown adults.

lovelove211
by Platinum Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 8:21 AM
Pregnant and hormonal or not, I would have still been very upset by what he said. Hugs momma
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BeAmour
by Tonya on Aug. 27, 2013 at 8:22 AM
9 moms liked this

I'll be god dammned if ANYONE is going to sit and call me a bitch to my face, especially my spouse!

He would have gotten a huge nut check and a frying pan to the face!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)