Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

holidays and seasons....

Posted by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 8:20 AM
  • 67 Replies
Do you decorate and cook for each new season or holiday? Like in fall have leaf and scarecrow decor? Bake fall favorites? Do you go all out for Halloween and Christmas...Easter etc.? I admit I do, my home, yard and more. I cook excitedly with each season. I don't favor summer at all because it s so boring...lol my confession, I think its odd when people don't decorate and enjoy all the fun opportunities each season and holiday brings, especially if they have kids. If you go all out, why? If not why?
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 8:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
christina0607
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 8:24 AM

We decorate for xmas. 

I like my home decor, I put a lot of time and effort into it. I wouldn't want to change it that often. I do for xmas because it's a big holiday. I've never seen a home that changed constantly for every holiday that I didn't think was tacky looking. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 27, 2013 at 8:24 AM
In the fall I love going to craft fairs, baking and making different soups, I go all out with decore for halloween and christmas, always have christmas music on ect.
SaraBethKY
by Gold Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 8:24 AM

Nope haha. I don't really enjoy decorating and we don't have a lot of storage for that stuff. If we had garage shelves maybe I would be able to get some things. I hang a seasonal wreath on the door, but that's only because my MIL makes them and gives them to me haha. 

Even though this is DDs first Christmas I'm not even putting up a tree. My MIL has a tree in every room on the main level of their house and her trees are so pretty and well done that I don't see the point in us doing one. We can take tree pictures at their house and I won't have to mess with it. 

TableforSeven
by Platinum Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 8:25 AM

We only decorate for Hanukkah...and that is mostly just setting out our Hanukkah menorahs to be used.  We don't put out seasonal decorations at all.

I generally cook the same stuff year round.  I do make special foods for the holidays -- apple cakes & kugel a for Rosh HaShannah; Hamentaschen for Purim, etc. but that's about it.

almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 8:28 AM
I always plan on decorating, but never really do. I do cook and bake different things depending on the season, though
JustBreath2013
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 8:30 AM
This is funny to me.... my decor is rustic country. I do not change anything just add. Fall decor in the garden, such as flower stands that are rustic scarecrows or pumpkins. Interior is adding my rustic pumpkins and wreaths, fall towels and my decor bowls switch to leaves. But to each their own.

Quoting christina0607:

We decorate for xmas. 

I like my home decor, I put a lot of time and effort into it. I wouldn't want to change it that often. I do for xmas because it's a big holiday. I've never seen a home that changed constantly for every holiday that I didn't think was tacky looking. 

teddysmama09
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 8:34 AM
We have a season window. Its a bay window in our kitchen at the front of our house. Every season the kids and I do a craft to decorate the window. For fall we will go collect leaves, press them, laminate them and put them in the window.
christina0607
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 8:35 AM
1 mom liked this

I always cringe when someone says their decor is "country", lol. But yeah I can see how you can easily add all that stuff to a country decor. Just different tastes. 

Quoting JustBreath2013:

This is funny to me.... my decor is rustic country. I do not change anything just add. Fall decor in the garden, such as flower stands that are rustic scarecrows or pumpkins. Interior is adding my rustic pumpkins and wreaths, fall towels and my decor bowls switch to leaves. But to each their own.

Quoting christina0607:

We decorate for xmas. 

fnpdocgrrl
by Bronze Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 8:36 AM

I love Autumn and Winter, so we decorate for Fall, Halloween, and Christmas. 

JustBreath2013
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 8:38 AM
Really?I love it. I have thousands in antiques. To me it gives that comfortable homey feeling. I get it though, anything modern or artsy makes me cringe, especially leather and animal print...lol

Quoting christina0607:

I always cringe when someone says their decor is "country", lol. But yeah I can see how you can easily add all that stuff to a country decor. Just different tastes. 

Quoting JustBreath2013:

Quoting christina0607:

We decorate for xmas. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)