Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
Do you decorate and cook for each new season or holiday? Like in fall have leaf and scarecrow decor? Bake fall favorites? Do you go all out for Halloween and Christmas...Easter etc.? I admit I do, my home, yard and more. I cook excitedly with each season. I don't favor summer at all because it s so boring...lol my confession, I think its odd when people don't decorate and enjoy all the fun opportunities each season and holiday brings, especially if they have kids. If you go all out, why? If not why?
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 8:20 AM
Replies (11-20):
LaughCryLive
by Ruby Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 8:38 AM

I think it's weird you find summer boring.

Grilled food, salads, ice cream!

I don't really decorate seasonally. I like to cook comfort foods for fall/winter.

fnpdocgrrl
by Bronze Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 8:39 AM

You'd probably think the stuff we do is tacky, but I don't care.  My style is very visually based and somewhat colorful.  Not a fan of beige, for example lol.

In some ways, I never grew up.  Love younger decorating styles much moreso than would be expected for a woman in her mid 40s lolol

Quoting christina0607:

I always cringe when someone says their decor is "country", lol. But yeah I can see how you can easily add all that stuff to a country decor. Just different tastes. 

Quoting JustBreath2013:

This is funny to me.... my decor is rustic country. I do not change anything just add. Fall decor in the garden, such as flower stands that are rustic scarecrows or pumpkins. Interior is adding my rustic pumpkins and wreaths, fall towels and my decor bowls switch to leaves. But to each their own.

Quoting christina0607:

We decorate for xmas. 

I like my home decor, I put a lot of time and effort into it. I wouldn't want to change it that often. I do for xmas because it's a big holiday. I've never seen a home that changed constantly for every holiday that I didn't think was tacky looking. 

JustBreath2013
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 8:40 AM
1 mom liked this
Summer in NC is hot, dry and miserable. Too many bugs, only one fun holiday and everyday is the same. I'm a November baby. Though....lol

Quoting LaughCryLive:

I don't really decorate seasonally. I like to cook comfort foods for fall/winter.

christina0607
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 8:40 AM

I feel the same about those as well, lol. 

Quoting JustBreath2013:

Really?I love it. I have thousands in antiques. To me it gives that comfortable homey feeling. I get it though, anything modern or artsy makes me cringe, especially leather and animal print...lol

Quoting christina0607:

I always cringe when someone says their decor is "country", lol. But yeah I can see how you can easily add all that stuff to a country decor. Just different tastes. 

Quoting JustBreath2013:

This is funny to me.... my decor is rustic country. I do not change anything just add. Fall decor in the garden, such as flower stands that are rustic scarecrows or pumpkins. Interior is adding my rustic pumpkins and wreaths, fall towels and my decor bowls switch to leaves. But to each their own.

Quoting christina0607:

We decorate for xmas. 

I like my home decor, I put a lot of time and effort into it. I wouldn't want to change it that often. I do for xmas because it's a big holiday. I've never seen a home that changed constantly for every holiday that I didn't think was tacky looking. 

JustBreath2013
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 8:42 AM
Lol I hate modern decor but I respect it.... I like the neutrals like brown, tan, and rustic red...

Quoting fnpdocgrrl:

You'd probably think the stuff we do is tacky, but I don't care.  My style is very visually based and somewhat colorful.  Not a fan of beige, for example lol.

In some ways, I never grew up.  Love younger decorating styles much moreso than would be expected for a woman in her mid 40s lolol

Quoting christina0607:

Quoting JustBreath2013:

Quoting christina0607:

We decorate for xmas. 

christina0607
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 8:42 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm super into color. I love it. I always wonder why people don't use more color. 

Quoting fnpdocgrrl:

Quoting christina0607:

Quoting JustBreath2013:

Quoting christina0607:

We decorate for xmas. 

JustBreath2013
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 8:43 AM
What do you do. Your home style?

Quoting christina0607:

I feel the same about those as well, lol. 

Quoting JustBreath2013:

Really?I love it. I have thousands in antiques. To me it gives that comfortable homey feeling. I get it though, anything modern or artsy makes me cringe, especially leather and animal print...lol

Quoting christina0607:

Quoting JustBreath2013:

Quoting christina0607:

We decorate for xmas. 

elephantmamaof2
by Ruby Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 8:44 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm that crazy festive lady from Halloween til Christmas!!! That's my favorite time of the year!!!

fnpdocgrrl
by Bronze Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 8:44 AM

I think we inherit some of our taste from what we grew up with....and possibly even from where we grew up, lol. 

Quoting JustBreath2013:

Lol I hate modern decor but I respect it.... I like the neutrals like brown, tan, and rustic red...

Quoting fnpdocgrrl:

Quoting christina0607:

Quoting JustBreath2013:

Quoting christina0607:

We decorate for xmas. 

LaughCryLive
by Ruby Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 8:45 AM
1 mom liked this

The lake, camping, hiking, pic nics...

Don't talk to me about hot ok? I'm sitting here in my nightgown and it's only 6pm becuase it's too freaking hot to wear clothes! I usually take a showerwith my night gown on so it gets nice and soaking wet.  :)

It's 91 degrees and 66% humidity and no AC.

Quoting JustBreath2013:

Summer in NC is hot, dry and miserable. Too many bugs, only one fun holiday and everyday is the same. I'm a November baby. Though....lol

Quoting LaughCryLive:

Alayna - Wife to Sanjay and mommy to Anjali

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN