Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
Do you decorate and cook for each new season or holiday? Like in fall have leaf and scarecrow decor? Bake fall favorites? Do you go all out for Halloween and Christmas...Easter etc.? I admit I do, my home, yard and more. I cook excitedly with each season. I don't favor summer at all because it s so boring...lol my confession, I think its odd when people don't decorate and enjoy all the fun opportunities each season and holiday brings, especially if they have kids. If you go all out, why? If not why?
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 8:20 AM
Replies (21-30):
christina0607
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 8:45 AM

I'd call is eclectic I guess. I can't stand overload of anything. Themes drive nuts and I don't get why people do that. I like nice things and make all the things I like work. 

Quoting JustBreath2013:

What do you do. Your home style?

Quoting christina0607:

I feel the same about those as well, lol. 

elephantmamaof2
by Ruby Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 8:45 AM

Oooh do you have any pics of your holiday decor?? Our home is rustic country too with a touch of coastal new england to it! I love the rustic country look- especially around the holidays!

Quoting JustBreath2013:

Quoting christina0607:

Quoting JustBreath2013:

Really?I love it. I have thousands in antiques. To me it gives that comfortable homey feeling. I get it though, anything modern or artsy makes me cringe, especially leather and animal print...lol

Quoting christina0607:

I always cringe when someone says their decor is "country", lol. But yeah I can see how you can easily add all that stuff to a country decor. Just different tastes. 

Quoting JustBreath2013:

This is funny to me.... my decor is rustic country. I do not change anything just add. Fall decor in the garden, such as flower stands that are rustic scarecrows or pumpkins. Interior is adding my rustic pumpkins and wreaths, fall towels and my decor bowls switch to leaves. But to each their own.

Quoting christina0607:

We decorate for xmas. 

I like my home decor, I put a lot of time and effort into it. I wouldn't want to change it that often. I do for xmas because it's a big holiday. I've never seen a home that changed constantly for every holiday that I didn't think was tacky looking. 

JustBreath2013
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 8:46 AM
1 mom liked this
Awesome! Love it!

Quoting elephantmamaof2:

I'm that crazy festive lady from Halloween til Christmas!!! That's my favorite time of the year!!!

fnpdocgrrl
by Bronze Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 8:46 AM

Yep!  Same here.  My moods are lifting finally because Fall is just around the corner.  Hate summer and all the sunlight we get which I am not a fan of.  Love the clouds, cooler temps, cool breezes, and falling leaves.  YAY!!!  Just LOVE Halloween and Christmas on top of it.....if only we could get real snow to stick around for any length of time lol

Quoting elephantmamaof2:

I'm that crazy festive lady from Halloween til Christmas!!! That's my favorite time of the year!!!

fnpdocgrrl
by Bronze Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 8:48 AM

Same here.  It's a matter of simply liking what we like and going with it.  Somehow, it all ends up looking good together to me :)

Quoting christina0607:

I'd call is eclectic I guess. I can't stand overload of anything. Themes drive nuts and I don't get why people do that. I like nice things and make all the things I like work. 

Quoting JustBreath2013:

Quoting christina0607:

garnet83
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 8:49 AM
1 mom liked this

I LOVE fall. It's my favorite. I love the crisp air, the smells, the flavors, the colors, football, the clothes, and especially Thanksgiving. It's my favorite holiday. I usually use fall colors and add a few fall accents here and there, but I'm not one to turn my house upside down with each new season. I do not celebrate halloween at all and we minimize it with our children. We usually attend fall festivals and hayrides rather than participating in the halloween nonsense.

anitarichman
by Anita on Aug. 27, 2013 at 8:51 AM

I just add to my original decor, like shells in the summer, color leaves in the fall and I do put out some Halloween decorations and of course the house is fully decorated for christmas.  But I don't do anything for Valentines, Easter or put flags around the house.

christina0607
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 8:51 AM
1 mom liked this

It's funny we were in a store a few months ago and I saw this blown glass fish. It's awesome. I fell in love with it. My husband though I was crazy. It's about 6 different colors and amazing. I just love interesting different things.

So I bought it and he admitted he was wrong:)

Quoting fnpdocgrrl:

Same here.  It's a matter of simply liking what we like and going with it.  Somehow, it all ends up looking good together to me :)

Quoting christina0607:

Quoting JustBreath2013:

Quoting christina0607:

JustBreath2013
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 8:52 AM
I'm on a Nook. I don't know how to get my pics here.... I'm me and I will text some if your comfortable.

Quoting elephantmamaof2:

Oooh do you have any pics of your holiday decor?? Our home is rustic country too with a touch of coastal new england to it! I love the rustic country look- especially around the holidays!

Quoting JustBreath2013:

Quoting christina0607:

Quoting JustBreath2013:

Really?I love it. I have thousands in antiques. To me it gives that comfortable homey feeling. I get it though, anything modern or artsy makes me cringe, especially leather and animal print...lol

Quoting christina0607:

I always cringe when someone says their decor is "country", lol. But yeah I can see how you can easily add all that stuff to a country decor. Just different tastes. 

Quoting JustBreath2013:

This is funny to me.... my decor is rustic country. I do not change anything just add. Fall decor in the garden, such as flower stands that are rustic scarecrows or pumpkins. Interior is adding my rustic pumpkins and wreaths, fall towels and my decor bowls switch to leaves. But to each their own.

Quoting christina0607:

We decorate for xmas. 

I like my home decor, I put a lot of time and effort into it. I wouldn't want to change it that often. I do for xmas because it's a big holiday. I've never seen a home that changed constantly for every holiday that I didn't think was tacky looking. 

Blooming_Lotus
by Platinum Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 8:56 AM
I decorate for the seasons mostly. Holiday decor is kept to a minimum. My reason why is b/c 1) We aren't Christian. Yes we celebrate x-mas and easter in a secular way but it's more b/c we see it as a cultural holiday and we don't celebrate the religious part of the holiday. 2) I don't like changing decor so often and when you decorate by holiday you are changing the decor more often than I care for. If I decorate by season I only have to change decor 4 times a year.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN