Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you decorate and cook for each new season or holiday? Like in fall have leaf and scarecrow decor? Bake fall favorites? Do you go all out for Halloween and Christmas...Easter etc.? I admit I do, my home, yard and more. I cook excitedly with each season. I don't favor summer at all because it s so boring...lol my confession, I think its odd when people don't decorate and enjoy all the fun opportunities each season and holiday brings, especially if they have kids. If you go all out, why? If not why?
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 8:20 AM
Replies (31-40):
So_Devious20
by Misha Lovegood<3 on Aug. 27, 2013 at 9:00 AM
I LOVE the Holidays. We do fun stuff for each. Christmas is my favorite Holiday though. I LOVE all the lights. I can't wait for Christmas :)
mylifemylove864
by Ruby Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 9:00 AM
I am the same way. :)

I change certain things out for each season... I tend to go kind of beachy in the summer so that's my summer decorating. :). I also love candles and wax melts for each season.

Quoting JustBreath2013:

Really?I love it. I have thousands in antiques. To me it gives that comfortable homey feeling. I get it though, anything modern or artsy makes me cringe, especially leather and animal print...lol

Quoting christina0607:

I always cringe when someone says their decor is "country", lol. But yeah I can see how you can easily add all that stuff to a country decor. Just different tastes. 

Quoting JustBreath2013:

This is funny to me.... my decor is rustic country. I do not change anything just add. Fall decor in the garden, such as flower stands that are rustic scarecrows or pumpkins. Interior is adding my rustic pumpkins and wreaths, fall towels and my decor bowls switch to leaves. But to each their own.

Quoting christina0607:

We decorate for xmas. 

I like my home decor, I put a lot of time and effort into it. I wouldn't want to change it that often. I do for xmas because it's a big holiday. I've never seen a home that changed constantly for every holiday that I didn't think was tacky looking. 

Blooming_Lotus
by Gold Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 9:01 AM
As far as home decor goes, I can't do country, animal print or modern art (especially abstract). I LOVE themes though. Each room in our home is a different theme.
mylifemylove864
by Ruby Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 9:06 AM
1 mom liked this
Ugh, we had 100% humidity for a few days last week. It finally dropped to like 60% on Sunday and felt amazing. I couldn't handle not having a/c though. I'm spoiled. :)

Quoting LaughCryLive:

The lake, camping, hiking, pic nics...

Don't talk to me about hot ok? I'm sitting here in my nightgown and it's only 6pm becuase it's too freaking hot to wear clothes! I usually take a showerwith my night gown on so it gets nice and soaking wet.  :)

It's 91 degrees and 66% humidity and no AC.

Quoting JustBreath2013:

Summer in NC is hot, dry and miserable. Too many bugs, only one fun holiday and everyday is the same. I'm a November baby. Though....lol

Quoting LaughCryLive:

I think it's weird you find summer boring.

Grilled food, salads, ice cream!

I don't really decorate seasonally. I like to cook comfort foods for fall/winter.

Hot_Badonkadonk
by Gold Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 9:09 AM
1 mom liked this

Summer is my favorite time of year! We go on float trips, have BBQs, swimming, flip flops & shorts. I love it.

I still put Fall and Winter decor out though. We do crafts and cook goodies. We have our own traditions.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 27, 2013 at 9:10 AM
I don't because we don't have the money and when we do we'd rather spend it on something better than stupid decorations.
ILoveBeingAMom1
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 9:13 AM

I decorate for Christmas, but that's it. I would decorate for all the other seasons/holidays, but don't have the decorations at the moment.

JustBreath2013
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 9:13 AM
Wow, so you are jealous or just bitter? I make my wreaths, I make my candles, and I buy cute things to see the joy in my kids eyes. From beautiful fall mums and decorative planters to the Christmas tree and lights. Being negative like you are is simply showing your hate for life.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't because we don't have the money and when we do we'd rather spend it on something better than stupid decorations.
LaughCryLive
by Ruby Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 9:14 AM

It was starting to cool off...monsoon season is almost over...but the last 3 days have gotten bad again.  The other day it was 93 degrees and 98% humidity.  I was like, how does it get that humid without rain????

Quoting mylifemylove864:

Ugh, we had 100% humidity for a few days last week. It finally dropped to like 60% on Sunday and felt amazing. I couldn't handle not having a/c though. I'm spoiled. :)

Quoting LaughCryLive:

The lake, camping, hiking, pic nics...

Don't talk to me about hot ok? I'm sitting here in my nightgown and it's only 6pm becuase it's too freaking hot to wear clothes! I usually take a showerwith my night gown on so it gets nice and soaking wet.  :)

It's 91 degrees and 66% humidity and no AC.

Quoting JustBreath2013:

Summer in NC is hot, dry and miserable. Too many bugs, only one fun holiday and everyday is the same. I'm a November baby. Though....lol

Quoting LaughCryLive:

I think it's weird you find summer boring.

Grilled food, salads, ice cream!

I don't really decorate seasonally. I like to cook comfort foods for fall/winter.

Alayna - Wife to Sanjay and mommy to Anjali

LexsMami
by Silver Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 9:16 AM
I have from time to time. We decorate for Christmas and sometimes Halloween.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured