Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
Do you decorate and cook for each new season or holiday? Like in fall have leaf and scarecrow decor? Bake fall favorites? Do you go all out for Halloween and Christmas...Easter etc.? I admit I do, my home, yard and more. I cook excitedly with each season. I don't favor summer at all because it s so boring...lol my confession, I think its odd when people don't decorate and enjoy all the fun opportunities each season and holiday brings, especially if they have kids. If you go all out, why? If not why?
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 8:20 AM
Replies (41-50):
brysonsmommy_10
by Silver Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 9:18 AM

I do a bunch of holiday themed crafts and DIY decorations with ds for Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter.  Last year, pretty much our whole Christmas tree was ornaments that we had made ourselves and, I have to say, that it was by far the most fun I have had.  I also bake Holiday themed cookies or I'll make something like brownies or cupcakes and let ds put sprinkles on them.  I just think that making these memories with ds is important.  I LOVE the holidays and I'm even more excited this year because we are moving back home to Georgia in just a few weeks!

JustBreath2013
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 9:21 AM
Awesome! I am obsessed with fall and other seasonal cookbooks....lol I cook two meals and a treat from them daily.

Quoting brysonsmommy_10:

I do a bunch of holiday themed crafts and DIY decorations with ds for Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter.  Last year, pretty much our whole Christmas tree was ornaments that we had made ourselves and, I have to say, that it was by far the most fun I have had.  I also bake Holiday themed cookies or I'll make something like brownies or cupcakes and let ds put sprinkles on them.  I just think that making these memories with ds is important.  I LOVE the holidays and I'm even more excited this year because we are moving back home to Georgia in just a few weeks!

sheellyyo
by Bronze Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 9:24 AM

I decorate for every holiday.  Halloween at our home Is a big hit.  We do a walk thru spook house.  Cause traffic jams.  That's the one holiday that is my husbands.  He goes overboard.  I like to put hay bales out front to use for fall, Halloween and thanksgiving.  I love to bake breads, pies, soups and stews.  I was thinking about chilli yesterday.  

brysonsmommy_10
by Silver Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 9:25 AM

Pinterest is my bestfriend for the Holidays.  I have separate boards just for Kids Holiday Crafts, DIY Holiday Decorations, and Holiday Treats.  I let ds sit with me and we pick a few things from each board to do during the week.  One of our traditions that we started when he was 1 (he's almost 4 now) are the salt dough ornaments.  I've kept one or two from each Christmas and given each of his grandparents one or two as part of their Christmas gifts. 

Quoting JustBreath2013:

Awesome! I am obsessed with fall and other seasonal cookbooks....lol I cook two meals and a treat from them daily.

Quoting brysonsmommy_10:

Osstie
by Gold Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 9:27 AM
I decorate for fall and Halloween and for Xmas. That's about it. I don't really get excited about Xmas, but I try to make it special for the kids. We did sinter klaas last year and that turned out to be fun.
Sekirei
by LoKitty on Aug. 27, 2013 at 9:28 AM

Samhain and Yule yes.. I love those holidays

Since I am not a big fan of Spring and Summer.. no, I don't really pay attention to the holidays then

JustBreath2013
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 9:28 AM
Can you message me how to make those? Thankjs

Quoting brysonsmommy_10:

Pinterest is my bestfriend for the Holidays.  I have separate boards just for Kids Holiday Crafts, DIY Holiday Decorations, and Holiday Treats.  I let ds sit with me and we pick a few things from each board to do during the week.  One of our traditions that we started when he was 1 (he's almost 4 now) are the salt dough ornaments.  I've kept one or two from each Christmas and given each of his grandparents one or two as part of their Christmas gifts. 

Quoting JustBreath2013:

Quoting brysonsmommy_10:

brysonsmommy_10
by Silver Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 9:29 AM

Sure, no problem.

Quoting JustBreath2013:

Can you message me how to make those? Thankjs

Quoting brysonsmommy_10:

Quoting JustBreath2013:

Quoting brysonsmommy_10:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 27, 2013 at 9:36 AM
Quoting JustBreath2013:

WOW!!! I have no hate for life, I just have better things to spend my money on than decorations. And in fact my kids actually love our Christmas decorations. My in-laws gave them to us. We over decorate the inside of our house with Christmas lights. I just rather spend my money on more clothes for our children then on stupid decorations.

But thanks for being a bitch anyways. I appreciate it. :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 27, 2013 at 9:38 AM
I absolutely love holiday baking and decorating.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)