Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

ER Worthy?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Dd who is 9 was sent from school yesterday sick. She threw up. She said her stomach was hurting really bad and her head was pounding. She's home today still. Her lower back hurts, her lower abdomen hurts and her stomach hurts when she coughs. Her head is still pounding even after tylenol through out the night and this morning. Her eyes hurt. Moving them hurts. They also burn.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 27, 2013 at 8:29 AM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 27, 2013 at 1:40 PM
Quoting lnrmom:

yes shes been in puberty since she was 5.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Aug. 27, 2013 at 1:42 PM

i would take them to the ER, who cares,i mean, if they have full insurance go for it. i never pay a cent for ER visits their insurance covers it 100%

lnrmom
by Ruby Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 1:49 PM

Geez-Us. WTF causes that?

(sorry... but that really sucks....)

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting lnrmom:

Motherof3inNJ
by Gold Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 1:50 PM

I'd take her to the pediatrician.

Angelicembrace
by The Dorkfish on Aug. 27, 2013 at 1:51 PM

I'd say that's doctor worthy. If for some reason they can't see her today, I'd call the on call doctor with advice on what to do based on her symptoms.

Whenever life gets tough I just remember this..

The Water Temple.

Cmgmqmmom
by Ruby Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 1:51 PM

Pediatrician. If your pediatrician is not open, call their after hours and ask if a pediatric urgent care would be appropriate. Make sure she is getting fluids and her temperature has not spiked.

firespurity
by Ruby Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 1:54 PM
Usually the office visit is like $30 not much at all. I've been cash only on that stuff for a few years.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting LAXmom21:

Take her to the pediatrician not the ER.

Cant right now. Just moved to a different state waiting for our insurance to come in which should be any day now. I dont have cash to pay a doctor.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 27, 2013 at 6:26 PM
Quoting lnrmom:

Quoting Anonymous:
Quoting lnrmom:

Not really sure. She started developing breast at 5, they were not big but noticeable. It took a long time to figure out what it was. But i kept bugging doctors to find out what was going on because for one it was causing pain. And I was scared of cancer with her being so young. But I finally found a dr to run more test on her and came back precocious puberty.

But back to my OP i didnt take her anywhere, just watched her. Shes feeling much better and annoying the crap out of me. But the girl who comes to our house after school is now not feeling good. So, im glad i didn't go anywhere. Im the kind of person that thinks the worse case scenario and i kept thinking minigitis (sp) once she started complaining of her neck hurting.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Aug. 27, 2013 at 6:27 PM
She has a migraine IMHO
lnrmom
by Ruby Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 6:43 PM
Glad it worked out and she's feeling better!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting lnrmom:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting lnrmom:

Not really sure. She started developing breast at 5, they were not big but noticeable. It took a long time to figure out what it was. But i kept bugging doctors to find out what was going on because for one it was causing pain. And I was scared of cancer with her being so young. But I finally found a dr to run more test on her and came back precocious puberty.

But back to my OP i didnt take her anywhere, just watched her. Shes feeling much better and annoying the crap out of me. But the girl who comes to our house after school is now not feeling good. So, im glad i didn't go anywhere. Im the kind of person that thinks the worse case scenario and i kept thinking minigitis (sp) once she started complaining of her neck hurting.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN