Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

You are a bully!!!

Posted by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 8:51 AM
  • 57 Replies
I don't remember that bullying was such a big deal when I was younger. Either we didn't complain as much, or kids just weren't that bad. It just seems bullying has become such a huge thing now.

Do you think kids who are a bully learn it from home?
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 8:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Wtshubbypst
by Ruby Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 8:52 AM
1 mom liked this
They probably do. After I read your title I got that stupid wolly bully song stuck in my head.
LokisMama
by Platinum Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 8:53 AM
2 moms liked this

I remember getting the shit beat out of me by the neighborhood bully, along with my sister and a few friends of ours.  He used to throw raw eggs at us, ride by on his bike and kick us while we were walking home from school, etc.

I don't know if he learned it from home.  I do know that it stopped when my mom tore his ass off his bike and dragged him home to his own mother. 

TheDoctorsWife
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 8:54 AM
1 mom liked this

My son has the potential to become a bully. I am working extremely hard to make sure that doesn't happen

Punchyobuns
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 8:55 AM

I was bullied as a kid. It was considered normal and no one cared.

B1Bomber
by Platinum Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 8:56 AM
2 moms liked this

It's a little worse because of social media - kids can't escape because they are harrassed online as well (my own opinion on that aside).

Mostly it's worse because we are so self centered and unable ot let anything roll off our shoulders or take responsibility for anything. It used to be that kids handled bullies, or if they couldn't, parents and schools did. Now kids cry to their parents and those parents cry to the schools, who can't do anything for fear of being sued by the bully's parents.

Derari
by :::Achtung::: on Aug. 27, 2013 at 8:57 AM

That's true, years and years ago it was said to be apart of growing up. I don't remember teachers doing much about it either saly.

Quoting Punchyobuns:

"I like that about the Republicans; the evidence does not faze them, they are not bothered at all by the facts"  PresidentWilliam J. Clinton

tracy0812
by Silver Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 8:59 AM
I remember bullies in school, but nothing like what they do now! A kid told my son he was getting his dads gun and killing our whole family, one kid down the street screams things up the street at out son, flips us all off, called me a bitch, threatened my son with a knife. I tried talking to his mother, she claims her son "would NEVER!!"
Party_of_Cinco
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 9:01 AM
Yah I was bullied for being a chunky kid, and no one ever cared. Now kids are blowing shit up, committing suicide and turning into phycos

Quoting Derari:

That's true, years and years ago it was said to be apart of growing up. I don't remember teachers doing much about it either saly.

Quoting Punchyobuns:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 27, 2013 at 9:01 AM
2 moms liked this

The term is OVERused and MISused on a daily basis, which is why it seems like it's increased.  Too many helimommies cry bullying when their little snowflake isn't particulary liked.  Every childhood disagreement is NOT  bullying.

donnag013
by Gold Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 9:07 AM

I don't think there are more or fewer bullies now. But luckily kids are being educated that it is not okay to be bullied. I was bullied mercilessly in 7th and 8th grade, to the point of being suicidal, but there wasn't anyone to tell at the time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)