Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
I don't remember that bullying was such a big deal when I was younger. Either we didn't complain as much, or kids just weren't that bad. It just seems bullying has become such a huge thing now.

Do you think kids who are a bully learn it from home?
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 8:51 AM
Replies (11-20):
Firewoman33
by Gold Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 9:09 AM
1 mom liked this

I remember being picked on as a kid. I don't know if I knew what bullying was. I just thought some kids were jerks and left it at that. 

Maxi_Maxi
by Gold Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 9:11 AM
I think it can go either way, no matter how involved a parent is they can't be there around the clock.
LucyMom08
by BS Intolerant on Aug. 27, 2013 at 9:13 AM
I was stalked and bullied for years by one girl and her group of friends...

Her parents had a lot to do with it, they didn't care a bit what she did...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 27, 2013 at 9:14 AM
1 mom liked this
I was horribly bullied as a child and I am 36 yrs old. I was abused at home and it caused some physical problems that caused me to wet my pants well on up to 10 yrs old. I think bullying awareness wasn't being pushed back then like it is now. But it was definitely prevalent and yes I think it starts at home.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 27, 2013 at 9:14 AM
1 mom liked this
My youngest could possibly be a bully when he grows up, I see some things now and we are working with him on not being mean and rude towards others. He does get his attitude from home because we aren't naturally nice people.
TrouserMouse
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 9:16 AM
Anyone can have a bully for a child.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 27, 2013 at 9:20 AM

Honestly, I don't know if it has increased or if I just didn't notice it in school.  I was incredibly socially naive and awkward in school (well, that hasn't really changed actually), and I don't know if anyone was bullied or not. 

Party_of_Cinco
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 9:25 AM
Wow! What has your son for about it? How old is he

Quoting tracy0812:

I remember bullies in school, but nothing like what they do now! A kid told my son he was getting his dads gun and killing our whole family, one kid down the street screams things up the street at out son, flips us all off, called me a bitch, threatened my son with a knife. I tried talking to his mother, she claims her son "would NEVER!!"

ELCloveofmylife
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 9:27 AM
1 mom liked this

Funny you post this today because yesterday was my daughters first day back at school and another kids mother was SO rude to me and my dh saying she was going to slap the shit out of me and everything. AND HER DAUGHTER WAS RIGHT THERE SMILING THE WHOLE TIME. I dont talk to people that way.. ESPECIALLY if my children are around. I completely think they learn it from home!!!

Danapopcorn
by AbbyCat on Aug. 27, 2013 at 9:28 AM
2 moms liked this

So many things are considered bullying now. There's a commercial on Cartoon Network where these girls don't let a girl set with them at lunch and they call it bullying. The girls didn't tell her "no". They weren't mean. They just didn't invite her to their table. Seriously? That's not bullying!  I think kids are saying meaner things because of social media, but damn how hard is it to turn the FB off? If you're called a name in highschool you've been bullied -_-. I'm not saying bullying doesn't happen, but these things are NOT bullying.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)