Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
I don't remember that bullying was such a big deal when I was younger. Either we didn't complain as much, or kids just weren't that bad. It just seems bullying has become such a huge thing now.

Do you think kids who are a bully learn it from home?
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 8:51 AM
Replies (51-57):
lacyd75
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 12:28 PM

I think some of them do, but not all.

RiverHipMama
by Bronze Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 12:29 PM
2 moms liked this

Yes, I do believe most of it is learned at home. We have to remember that our kids are mini versions of ourselves. We are not born to hate, to be bullys, to be racist. These things are taught. 

Party_of_Cinco
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 4:31 PM
I've taught my kids not to be a bully. Nobody like a to play with a kid that's a jerk. I've also told them they have the right to stand up for themselves. So if a kid is bothering or hitting them, then they put that kid in his/her place.
Louweezymarie
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 4:34 PM

And now it's stuck in my head. Thaaaaanks.

Quoting Wtshubbypst:

They probably do. After I read your title I got that stupid wolly bully song stuck in my head.

CafeMom Tickers

littlesippycup
by Ruby Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 4:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Those problems start at home.

sweetnsassymami
by Ruby Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 4:36 PM
1 mom liked this

when I was a kid, it seemed like a rite of passage. something you learned to deal with and ended up having tougher skin. But nowadays, bullying has become more extensive with social media. Kids are fucking cruel and while I agree sometimes it comes from their parents or their homelife, other times its just kids who feel the need to bully so they don't get bullied.

olliesmommy2
by Metal Awareness on Aug. 27, 2013 at 4:43 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm not sure. I think some people are just mean, kids all the way to seniors. I got bullied, I remember everyone getting some kind of crap, killing myself was never a consideration. I was taught self respect and self worth, I was taught to value myself and I a knew I had family who loved and supported me, bully's were just miserable assholes, I liked being happy!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN