Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm pregnant and I drink alcohol. So what??

Posted by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 2:06 PM
  • 462 Replies
1 mom liked this

This article is about an interview with a woman who says that its ok to drink MODERATELY during pregnancy, eat Sushi, drink coffee and all other sorts of things we have been trained are bad for pregnancy and babies. Thoughts?

http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/pregnancy-booze-ok-162300858.html

ETA 2::::: PEOPLE.....PLEASE CALM DOWN! I have never had a drink, smoke, drug, fish, caffeine or any other 'no=no' behavior during any of my pregnancies. READ THE POST!!! This is just for discussion with an article link!

ETA::   HAHA! I love the photo chosen for this thread.  ;)

by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 2:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bloomsr
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 2:12 PM
17 moms liked this
Why is drinking THAT important to some people?

Suck it up and don't drink for a few months of your life. If you must indulge, whatever. I'm sure a glass of wine every now and again isn't going to cause irreparable harm... But I'm not a doctor. I'm just a woman who has had 3 kids and 0 drinks during their gestation.
Whisper4271
by Bronze Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 2:12 PM
7 moms liked this

This is even more reason for people to have a license to have kids and have strict guidelines in getting one! Not that it will fix everyone, but it may weed out some of the so called Moms.

She did her own studies and came to her own conclusions basically. Pregnant women will look at this book and think  that it will be ok to smoke some occasional crack or something too, because hey!, it's ok to drink alcohol too.

Is it that fucking hard to give up boose? Geez

Angelicembrace
by The Dorkfish on Aug. 27, 2013 at 2:13 PM
9 moms liked this

I was told by my OBGYN when I was pregnant that a glass of wine on occasion was okay, and one cup of coffee a day was alright. So I kind of agree with some of it.

Edit to clarify-- I didn't drink any alcohol with my kids. Whether the doctor said it was okay or not, I personally didn't want to take the risk. I did have a small cup of coffee on occasion--not daily.

Whenever life gets tough I just remember this..

The Water Temple.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 27, 2013 at 2:14 PM
6 moms liked this

I drink coffee everyday! all my pregnancies, no issues.  I even had a whine cooler (oh my god, I know the terror of 3.5 alcohol) but I didnt drink teh whole bottle just a sip.  the only thing I never do at all is prescription meds, and I will only take Tylenol. 

my mom was an alcholic with all 4 of us, and none of us have any issues at all.  (yeah I mean drinking from sun rise to sun set, passed out drunk oh and she smoked to!)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 27, 2013 at 2:14 PM
18 moms liked this
I ate what I wanted, sushi included and * gasp * lunchmeat. I had an occasional glass of wine at the approval of my OB.
My kids are fine.
SuthernBelleo0o
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 2:14 PM
7 moms liked this

Alcohol... no.... Sushi- I eat sushi, but eveything I eat is cooked, I dont eat sushi with raw fish, pregnant or not. I drink 1 cup of coffee a day and thats not eveyday. I hate when people tell me what I should or shouldn't do, can or can't do while pregnant though. 

lUcKyLoVe22
by Gold Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 2:14 PM
2 moms liked this
I eat the things that are forbidden during pregnancy, but I would never drink. I'm not that big of a risk taker.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 27, 2013 at 2:15 PM
2 moms liked this

I think coffee is ok in moderation, but everything else, I'd just rather not.

dandylynes
by Platinum Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 2:15 PM
15 moms liked this

I did a few no nos while pregnant.  I wonder what kind of super intelligent, extreme healthy girl I would have unleashed on the planet if I hadn't done these things, because at 15 she already exceeds at life.

CutieCrab
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 2:16 PM
2 moms liked this

I have heard that one glass of a wine a day is okay.  I wouldn't do it...  Probably the hardest thing for me to give up while preggers would be caffeine...  I want my coffee damnit.  Lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)