Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm pregnant and I drink alcohol. So what??

This article is about an interview with a woman who says that its ok to drink MODERATELY during pregnancy, eat Sushi, drink coffee and all other sorts of things we have been trained are bad for pregnancy and babies. Thoughts?

http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/pregnancy-booze-ok-162300858.html

ETA 2::::: PEOPLE.....PLEASE CALM DOWN! I have never had a drink, smoke, drug, fish, caffeine or any other 'no=no' behavior during any of my pregnancies. READ THE POST!!! This is just for discussion with an article link!

ETA::   HAHA! I love the photo chosen for this thread.  ;)

by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 2:06 PM
Replies (461-462):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 56 on Sep. 4, 2013 at 4:46 PM

Spend a few weeks caring for an ADULT with FAS and see how your opinion may change...  

It's not a f*cking joke.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 57 on Sep. 8, 2013 at 12:46 PM
My sister drank heavily for the first 2 months of her most recent pregnancy, smoked crack and used cocaine and abused suboxone as well as some other illegal hard drugs on a regular basis, didn't know she was pregnant until she was 26 weeks, so had no prenatal care up until that point, and the only real medical issues her daughter had at birth were due to an rh incompatibility. She had mild withdrawals in the nicu, and has some digestive issues and GERD but is the most beautiful, sweet laid back two month old little girl. (Needless to say my sister does NOT have anything to do with this baby now.) But at the same time, I know women who did everything right and wouldn't even take a Tylenol during their pregnancies who have babies with severe physical and mental disabilities. So my point is, regardless of what you do or don't do, you're going to be given what ever you're given, and you and your baby are the ones who have to live with your decisions, not any one else. I drink coffee and eat lunch meat and tuna out of a can while pregnant, but I quit smoking, and wouldn't dream of using drugs or drinking while I'm pregnant. I don't want my baby to have any of that stuff in her system and I personally could not deal with the guilt I would feel if my baby sufferered any harm from substances that I chose to expose her to. But to each their own. Can't make people make good decisions, unfortunately.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN