Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Should i tatoo my kids name?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
Im thinking about it but not sure yet. I love her to death and what to do something special that represents her. I usually dont like tatoos but i love the idea of doing this. Do you have your kids name tatooed and would you if you dont?
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 27, 2013 at 2:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rhope4
by Gold Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 2:41 PM
I am not into tatoos either but have thought of this myself. I have three kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom011598
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 2:42 PM

I hate that. It's too literal for my taste

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 27, 2013 at 2:42 PM

I have a tattoo for the baby I lost last year... And my baby due in Feb will have one :) I'm addicted so I find any excuse to get one 

twoblues
by Silver Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 2:43 PM
I'm also considering it. If you do it, post a pic!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 27, 2013 at 2:44 PM

Tattoo* I plan on getting all 4 of my kids names tattooed on my back.

aandt1999
by Platinum Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 2:44 PM

I personally don't understand the point. I kind of "get it" when it is in memory of someone, but otherwise I just wonder if you need to be reminded of their names. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 27, 2013 at 2:44 PM

I think all tattoos are foolish. The concept of marring ones skin in an attempt to "represent" a living or dead individual is completely and wholly pointless. 

A tattoo that represents them doesn't make their existence more permanent or their memory more memorable. It's a horribly faddish trend done by individuals who lack any level of creativity or a conscious understanding of what the art of tattooing actually is. 

My opinion, don't do it. It's pointless. 

Raeann11
by Ruby Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 2:46 PM

I want to get a Lilly that represents them. But I am waiting till we are done. But we will see if I do. I talk about it but not sure if I ever will. I have one tattoo and not addicted like others are to them.

cxoxo
by Savannahsmommy on Aug. 27, 2013 at 2:46 PM

I'm planning on getting my DD's name on me when I lose some more weight. I've been thinking of actually waiting until she can write her own name, and have her write it down and take that and have it tattooed on me. I don't really know yet lol.

Pink.Sunshine.
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 2:46 PM

You shouldn't.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)