Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Things I've Learned From Cafemom

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 51 Replies
1 mom liked this

These are some of the craziest things I've read on here.

You're a bad parent if...

You watch your children play on the playground - not interfere, just WATCH them.

You take a misbehaving child out of a store instead of spanking them publically for the satisfaction of the other possibly-annoyed patrons.

You let your two year old  stand up in the pew at church, instead of forcing them to sit still and listen. Not run around, not scream and cry, not stand ON the bench, but put their feet or butt on the floor to color or play quietly.

If your baby has rolls on their arms, because you're condoning their obesity.

You live in a small house or apartment.

You had children before getting a degree.

Your house gets messy, even just on occasion.

Now, to me these are things that fall outside of the mommy wars / debates. These are things that are just bizarre to me and I can't reconcile them with my own common sense. lol.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 27, 2013 at 7:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
meaganmac
by Gold Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 7:02 PM
2 moms liked this
I've learned that the world is full of crazy bitches that need a slap.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 27, 2013 at 7:04 PM

you cant forget, having kids while not being rich

Not breastfeeding

vaxxing

ugh so many! damn I never knew I could be such a terrible parent for taking care of my kids the way i feel is right!

Val99
by Ruby Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 7:07 PM

I must be a horrible parent because I am guilty of all these things. :)

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Aug. 27, 2013 at 7:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 27, 2013 at 7:09 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Not breastfeeding

vaxxing

ugh so many! damn I never knew I could be such a terrible parent for taking care of my kids the way i feel is right!

I tried to stay away from the hot topics like breastfeeding, etc. but the whole, "if you didn't have a degree first you're an irresponsible parent" thing is amazing to me. A degree doesn't guarantee wealth and security and like you said, not being rich is not a crime.

Victorian England used to have the view that being poor made you a criminal and it simply doesn't work to treat society that way. They learned that through trial and error.

A lot of moms on here would love to treat others that way with the support of the government and they don't realize how unrealistic that is. 

stayci94
by Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 7:09 PM
I agree with you. Some mom are nazi's if you don't agree with them. They can't help calling you out and calling you stupid, if you don't agree with them. Its a good thing I'm confident in my parenting skills but some moms are so insecure that they get rattled quickly.
I would not want to live, even one day in the lives or heads of the moms that feel they should correct everyone.
cutebaby06
by Platinum Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 7:11 PM

If you don't spend thousands of dollars for them on their birthday and Christmas and any other gift giving holiday.

jakesmom323
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 7:11 PM
I learned all about CPS, FS, PA, and how trashy 80% of moms are in the world. Lol
HappyHomestead
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 7:12 PM
1 mom liked this
If you disagree with someone in mc you run a risk of being called a b@tch, c@nt, bad parent, told to die, etc... I have read some crazy stuff in this group.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 27, 2013 at 7:13 PM

yeah I sorta realized that after I reread your post and I already posted lol! sorry about that! but yeah tell me about it, they dont think also, that you can get a good job without a degree, and you can get laid off, and you can fall on hard times, without always being on hard times! I guess, Unless you are there you never really know.  Its sad....the poor shouldnt be treated like garbage.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Not breastfeeding

vaxxing

I tried to stay away from the hot topics like breastfeeding, etc. but the whole, "if you didn't have a degree first you're an irresponsible parent" thing is amazing to me. A degree doesn't guarantee wealth and security and like you said, not being rich is not a crime.

Victorian England used to have the view that being poor made you a criminal and it simply doesn't work to treat society that way. They learned that through trial and error.

A lot of moms on here would love to treat others that way with the support of the government and they don't realize how unrealistic that is. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN