Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

No I don't wake up in the morning with them, pack their lunch, or check that they are doing their homework/going to class

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

This is something I had to say over and over again to my sister. She thinks I am a shitty parent because my kids are responsible for getting up, going to school, doing the work etc. 

There comes a point when they need to do these things ON THEIR OWN! My kids are not babies...I have spent a lot of time raising them to be self-sufficient and responsible. Just because your kids are not capable of waking themselves up and studying like they should does not mean my kids are the same way! 

End vent! lol

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 27, 2013 at 7:13 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 27, 2013 at 7:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I know right? My sister had kids around the same ages and still does those things for her kids

Quoting Anonymous:

Lmfao

Quoting Anonymous:

My youngest is 18 and my oldest is 28 but he doesnt live at home

Quoting jaytee:

How old are your children?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Aug. 27, 2013 at 7:21 PM
1 mom liked this

My girls are capable of waking up and doing their own homework, but as their mom I want to be included. They are only kids for a short time and before long they will be grown and out of the house. I wake up at 5 am just to be up with my high school dd, does she need me to, nope. But will I continue, absolutely.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 27, 2013 at 7:21 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

how old are they? my son is 9 he gets himself up and dress and makes his own breakfast, I get up just to make sure he makes it to the bus!

myownparadise
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 7:22 PM
That is ridiculous. So she is the clingy mom type that has to do everything for kids?

Quoting Anonymous:

According to my sister since they live at home I should still be overseeing everything LOL

Quoting myownparadise:

That is plenty old enough to be responsible on their own.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting myownparadise:

How old are your children?

mims826
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 7:22 PM
i also think you' re a shitty parent
LilysMama719
by Emmy on Aug. 27, 2013 at 7:22 PM
I think it's nice that they are so self sufficient. That said, even if I don't do anything for my dd, I will still always get up with her because I like her company.
Mamabear010
by Platinum Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 7:22 PM

I was doing that from middle school on up so 12+. It think it depends on the kid's age. I wouldn't expect a 2nd or 3rd grader to have that much self control. But an older child, yup.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Aug. 27, 2013 at 7:23 PM
I love your kids are responsible enough to do all that on their own... I would just miss seeing them in the morning. I get up an hour earlier then I have to because my so leaves for work at 6am..., I get up at five because I just want that time with her. (I don't leave until 7:30)

Quoting Anonymous:

This is something I had to say over and over again to my sister. She thinks I am a shitty parent because my kids are responsible for getting up, going to school, doing the work etc. 

There comes a point when they need to do these things ON THEIR OWN! My kids are not babies...I have spent a lot of time raising them to be self-sufficient and responsible. Just because your kids are not capable of waking themselves up and studying like they should does not mean my kids are the same way! 

End vent! lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Aug. 27, 2013 at 7:23 PM
I still wake up my 18 yr,cook.him breakfast,comb his hair,iron his shirt and make his lunch ;)
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Aug. 27, 2013 at 7:23 PM

I pack their lunch, but my older ones are responsible to get themselves up and off to school. As far as school work I do not check that. They are expected to get good marks.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN