Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

No I don't wake up in the morning with them, pack their lunch, or check that they are doing their homework/going to class

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

This is something I had to say over and over again to my sister. She thinks I am a shitty parent because my kids are responsible for getting up, going to school, doing the work etc. 

There comes a point when they need to do these things ON THEIR OWN! My kids are not babies...I have spent a lot of time raising them to be self-sufficient and responsible. Just because your kids are not capable of waking themselves up and studying like they should does not mean my kids are the same way! 

End vent! lol

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 27, 2013 at 7:13 PM
Replies (31-40):
lga1965
by Gold Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 7:23 PM
I always did until my kids were out of high school too.
They were self sufficient but it was nice to all be together at breakfast. I made sure that we all had a good breakfast. It's important to start the day out right.
After they went to college, I still made breakfast for my DH and I. Then we went to work well fed and energetic :-)

Quoting jiffypop2207:

Even though we were responsible and self sufficient, my mom still got up with us and saw us off to school until i graduated high school. She didnt need to, but she still did anyways
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 27, 2013 at 7:23 PM
1 mom liked this

I think you are a shitty person and a huge bitch...=]

Quoting mims826:

i also think you' re a shitty parent

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 27, 2013 at 7:24 PM

Yes...i actually fear for her children they will never make it in the real world. 

Quoting myownparadise:

That is ridiculous. So she is the clingy mom type that has to do everything for kids?

Quoting Anonymous:

According to my sister since they live at home I should still be overseeing everything LOL

Quoting myownparadise:

That is plenty old enough to be responsible on their own.

Quoting Anonymous:

My youngest is 18 and my oldest is 28 but he doesnt live at home

Quoting myownparadise:

How old are your children?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 27, 2013 at 7:24 PM

How old are your kids? Though mine are 13 and 15 I still get up with them and I take one child to their school and take the other to her bus stop. My kids wake their selves up but they couldn't get to school with out me.

Quoting Anonymous:

This is something I had to say over and over again to my sister. She thinks I am a shitty parent because my kids are responsible for getting up, going to school, doing the work etc. 

There comes a point when they need to do these things ON THEIR OWN! My kids are not babies...I have spent a lot of time raising them to be self-sufficient and responsible. Just because your kids are not capable of waking themselves up and studying like they should does not mean my kids are the same way! 

End vent! lol

Raeann11
by Ruby Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 7:25 PM

I could do that too. But I choose to wake them up to hugs and kisses, I love making them lunch's but when they want to. I let them make them. I love to leave little notes and special treats when I make them.

I also like to make sure there homework is done and they under stand it.

To me I want to be involved but also teach them to be self-sufficient too. You can do both.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 27, 2013 at 7:25 PM

My youngest is 18 and my oldest is 28 but he doesnt live at home

Quoting Anonymous:

How old are your kids? Though mine are 13 and 15 I still get up with them and I take one child to their school and take the other to her bus stop. My kids wake their selves up but they couldn't get to school with out me.

Quoting Anonymous:

End vent! lol

lga1965
by Gold Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 7:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Ummm...comb his hair too ?
Yikes.
You're kidding,right?

Quoting Anonymous:

I still wake up my 18 yr,cook.him breakfast,comb his hair,iron his shirt and make his lunch ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Girl-Friday
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 7:26 PM
I agree , my dd is 14 and she's responsible for all those things all on her own.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 27, 2013 at 7:26 PM

My kids would probably never talked to me if I did any of what you said 

Quoting Raeann11:

I could do that too. But I choose to wake them up to hugs and kisses, I love making them lunch's but when they want to. I let them make them. I love to leave little notes and special treats when I make them.

I also like to make sure there homework is done and they under stand it.

To me I want to be involved but also teach them to be self-sufficient too. You can do both.

3boys1girl32
by Gold Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 7:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting mims826:

i also think you' re a shitty parent

Seriously? You don't think a 18 yr should do those things for their self...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured