Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

No I don't wake up in the morning with them, pack their lunch, or check that they are doing their homework/going to class

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

This is something I had to say over and over again to my sister. She thinks I am a shitty parent because my kids are responsible for getting up, going to school, doing the work etc. 

There comes a point when they need to do these things ON THEIR OWN! My kids are not babies...I have spent a lot of time raising them to be self-sufficient and responsible. Just because your kids are not capable of waking themselves up and studying like they should does not mean my kids are the same way! 

End vent! lol

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 27, 2013 at 7:13 PM
Replies (391-398):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 49 on Aug. 29, 2013 at 9:01 AM

She is that!  Wish you could edit as well, since there are so many replies.  I guess you will have to get used to the lynching.  If my kids think I am going to do all that when they are that old, they are nuts.  going crazy

Glad it wasn't on purpose. That fact is lost in the 3 hundred and something replies this post has created.  laughing

Quoting Anonymous:

As I have said over and over I am not trying to mislead. If I could find a way to edit my OP i would have right away instead of saying it over and over. 

This post was nothing more than a vent about how stupid my sister is. 

Quoting Anonymous:

The OP is purposely misleadning. It does not say ages of 18 and older.  That is a key fact to the understanding of this post. Older "children" are more than capable of doing what the OP says. However, younger children should have parental supervision. Then OP is getting mad because people are thinking she should do stuff for 18 year old children.  When you say children most people do not view 18 and up as a child.  Those kids are legally adults, of course they should do it themselves.  Most teenagers should be doing it themselves.  Getting mad at those who think she is referring to actual  young children is ridiculous.  She should have put their ages in the OP.

Although some of the replies are hilarious.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 29, 2013 at 9:02 AM

Nope that wasnt me! My kids all have phones with alarms I dont even think there is an alarm clock in our house anywhere 

Quoting Anonymous:

Ugh-are you the same one who made the post bout how you trained your young kids to wake up to an alarm clock even in the summer? Made a big fuss that if your kids do it-so should others-how will they ever be a responsible adult if they can't wake to an alarm clock as a young child?

Seriously-my daughter has the rest of her life to be an adult and a shorter period of time to be a kid-I prefer to be involved.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 51 on Aug. 29, 2013 at 9:05 AM

yeah my 6 and 7 yr old would just sleep or piddle around end up missing busses ect.  they eat school lunch and i go over  any homework or papers the night before.

but mornings im up anyway making dh breakfast and  packing his lunch. wake kids up they get dressed and back packs on and older one waits for her bus on the porch, but i have to walk my younger one to her bus stop 1 street over and up.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 52 on Aug. 29, 2013 at 9:25 AM

her kids are 18 and 28 

Quoting Unapologetic:

Just because I show an interest in my kids' lives does not mean they are not capable, it simply means I recognize the importance of being engaged in their lives. 

There have been times that I have not been able to get up with them due to illness. They managed just fine without me. I recognize, however, that my time with them is fleeting. Before long they will be off conquering the world. I cherish the remaining time that I have with them daily. I value the fact that they still share their daily lives with me.

My daughter's boyfriend has a mom that is never engaged in his life. Itbreaks my heart to see such a good kid crave some support and interaction from his mom. He spends a great deal of time with us, not only because he loves my daughter, but also because he enjoys the way that we all interact with each other. He thinks it is amazing that I ask & truly care about the daily lives of my kids. He simply can't wait to reach 18 and get away from his mom.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 53 on Aug. 29, 2013 at 9:27 AM
Mom is that you?
peaches_04
by Gold Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 12:11 AM
those arent "kids"

Quoting Anonymous:

My youngest is 18 and my oldest is 28 but he doesnt live at home

Quoting myownparadise:

How old are your children?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 30, 2013 at 7:16 AM

well they are my kids! But of course they are not young children and should be doing these things on their own!

Quoting peaches_04:

those arent "kids"

Quoting Anonymous:

My youngest is 18 and my oldest is 28 but he doesnt live at home

Quoting myownparadise:

How old are your children?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 54 on Sep. 5, 2013 at 12:09 PM

AGREE! My kids are still babies, 7,5 and 4 but we love morning time with them and we enjoy walking them to and from school each day. Great exercise too! 

Quoting HumanBeing:

I like the morning time I spend with the kiddos.

They tell me what they dreamt, talk about what they want to do during the day etc...

But I think having self sufficient kids is awesome! They benefit from that tremendously.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN