Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My sons school sent this home WTF? Udate

Posted by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 9:58 PM
  • 676 Replies
4 moms liked this

They also said as we picked up that they cant eat any of this before school. One child in his class has all these. What am i to feed him for snack. If my kid had all that then he would be home schooled. 

Update: the class is preschool so they are 3 years old. They do not do lunch because it is just mornings. They sent it home to all 3 preschool classes because they play outside together so the other classrooms have to do the same. So i cant move him. Its a state preschool or at risk youth. My son has a sensory processing disorder and asthma. The SPD only lets him eat ceratin textures and the asthma, scents of soaps lotion and dog dander set him off. So i know what its like to not have a normal child

updated 2: after thinking it over and talking with my son. We talked about how some people cant eat things and how it will make them very sick. So i do feel bad for the child. And turns out my son made a best friend at school, and surpise the little girl is allergic tompeanuts, tree nuts, oats, almonds and eggs and milk.mso she thenone with more of it. But my 3 year old son said shes his best friend so looks like we are goibg to be careful. Thanks everyone

by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 9:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
silverdawn99
by Ruby Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 10:00 PM
17 moms liked this
Lol I would demand my child be moved. That is just nuts
Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 10:00 PM
5 moms liked this
Is that a joke?
There is no reasonable way to expect people to conform.
debmom07
by Bronze Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 10:01 PM
thats crazy. yep Im with you the home school thing.
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Aug. 27, 2013 at 10:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Absolutely ridiculous.

court_1989
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 10:01 PM
3 moms liked this
Yeah! Most kids have milk with breakfas! Or even eggs. If my child had that much of an issue where another kid couldn't even eat those things then id home school
KaylinC03
by Platinum Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 10:01 PM
2 moms liked this

I can understand peanut bans but seriously...that list is ridiculous.

Babygi
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 10:02 PM
I would definitely have my child moved classes.
2ArfarasMom
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 10:02 PM
16 moms liked this
Ok wait. My kids aren't school aged so I have no experience with this. So because a kid is allergic to those things then YOUR child can't have them either? Why can't the kids parents (the one that's allergic) make sure he or she doesn't share anyone else's food so that they don't get exposed to this things? And this isn't to bash or e sarcastic, I'm honestly wondering why another child's allergies has to dictate what ALL the other kids can't have. I mean if they arent sharing those foods then what's the problem?
Shy_Dia
by Ruby Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 10:03 PM
Are our kids in the same school?

Ds had a kid in his class like that last year... but also kiwi, pineapple and a few other things. Snacks and birthday treats were a struggle. Not sure if it was just one kid or a couple though
Mdmooch
by Bronze Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 10:03 PM
2 moms liked this
I have never heard of anyone being allergic to apples or pumpkin! I guess anything is possible...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)