Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What would you do if your kid was a bully? *Update pg 4*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 107 Replies

My kid is way too young for me to worry about that (2 y.o.), but my cousin's son (9 y.o.) is this close to being the family bully.

He is disrespectful to grown ups and mean to other kids, hitting and calling them names.

She came to me for help and I'm at a loss. Anyone has some advice?

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 27, 2013 at 11:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Aug. 27, 2013 at 11:21 PM
5 moms liked this

I would take him to counseling and find out what is going on inside his head. There has to be a reason for it. 

Photo: -Randi.

AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Aug. 27, 2013 at 11:22 PM
My kids know that if they think about being disrespectful like that they run the risk of a run in with "Sheila" so they try their hardest not to.
shortycmlb
by Gold Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 11:22 PM
2 moms liked this

There goes all funn stuff. They will get dragged to the homeless shelter to volunteer, we'll volunteer for the Boys and Girls club, take bullying counseling, if all else fails I know the head sherrif in my town, he can scare some sense into them (if they're older)

bandzbandzbandz
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 11:23 PM
8 moms liked this

Teach them to yell "O'Doyle rules!" After they push people down.

lovemusic24
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 12:49 AM

He sounds like my four year old son and my 6 year old niece. I need the same advice.

thetrollcat
by Meow on Aug. 28, 2013 at 12:49 AM
18 moms liked this

I would beat their asses

Caylaris1813
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 1:00 AM
1 mom liked this

I would be so disappointed. :/ 

I'm trying everything I can to make sure she is accepting of others and knows not to be mean. 

coffeeexpress
by Bronze Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 1:05 AM
15 moms liked this

sometimes its not a  therapy thing , sometimes the kids are just so spoiled they think the  other adults and kids owe them something.

The coffee post is always on in Unbroken Bonds

:)  come  have a cup with me :)

OrangeBalloon
by Platinum Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 1:07 AM
2 moms liked this

I would talk to my kid and try to find out why she felt the need to feel superior to other kids. Then like another person suggested, I would make her come with me and participate in some volunteer work. I would keep doing that until she stopped being a bully. Basically, I would try my best to teach her compassion and to make her realize that she has it pretty good. 

I would be surprised if my kid became a bully. She's very empathetic to other people. But just in case..........

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Aug. 28, 2013 at 1:07 AM
11 moms liked this

IF I found out any of mine were bullies.....................they would be in for the rudest awakening of their short lives.....

I'M A SURVIVOR OF THE GREAT CAFEMOM CLEANSE OF 2013                                                            

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN