Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you do if your kid was a bully? *Update pg 4*

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My kid is way too young for me to worry about that (2 y.o.), but my cousin's son (9 y.o.) is this close to being the family bully.

He is disrespectful to grown ups and mean to other kids, hitting and calling them names.

She came to me for help and I'm at a loss. Anyone has some advice?

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 27, 2013 at 11:19 PM
Replies (101-107):
jessi2girls
by Ruby Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 9:23 PM

BUT.. over half the time spanking is don't incorrectly, which is why it often can lead to bullying.

LIke I said, that's not the case every time, just the majority of the time. 

Quoting Scribbleprints:

I think spanking done wrong can lead to bullying, but if it's done correctly I think it could be helpful.  By correctly, I am thinking of the way my mom handled spanking.  She was not always a calm individual and really I'm surprized she was able to stay calm when she used spanking to discipline me, but she was following the Dobson method and somehow that kept her in check (she didn't always stay so calm with other methods--and her being out of control was much scarier than a spanking).  But she would not spank me when she was angry...she would let herself cool down first.  It was only for the worst offenses.  Before or afterwords she would talk to me about what I did to make sure I understood why I got the spanking and that it wasn't something that she wanted to do but that she did to teach me, because what I did was dangerous or harmful to my character.  She would only spank on the bottom and she even explained that this was because though it would hurt, but not actually harm or damage me.  Afterwords she would give me a hug if I wanted one and let me know that she loved me and forgave me.

All that framed the spanking as something you do for another's good and not for your own pleasure, or to let off anger, or to have fun at someone elses expense.  If she had up and smacked me and lost control of herself and hadn't done the follow-up of explaining and comforting afterwards...than I would have learned a very different lesson.  

Quoting jessi2girls:

As for the spanking part... as I said, half the time that's the reason the bullying started.. however, I didn't say that was the case every time. 

karlamousse4
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 4:14 AM
Can we here the story about this "sheila" please lol

Quoting AliKatAK47:

My kids know that if they think about being disrespectful like that they run the risk of a run in with "Sheila" so they try their hardest not to.

karlamousse4
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 4:15 AM
Before anyone corrects me lol, I meant hear :)

Quoting karlamousse4:

Quoting AliKatAK47:

My kids know that if they think about being disrespectful like that they run the risk of a run in with "Sheila" so they try their hardest not to.

kailu1835
by Platinum Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 4:16 AM
Your kids won't become bullies if you raise them properly. Poor parenting breeds bullies.
AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Aug. 30, 2013 at 6:33 AM
Sheila is my belt.

Quoting karlamousse4:

Quoting AliKatAK47:

karlamousse4
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 3:30 PM
oh snap lol, I figured ha ha.

Quoting AliKatAK47:

Sheila is my belt.

Quoting karlamousse4:

Quoting AliKatAK47:

mattie49823
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 1:09 AM

Needs to see a child psychologist. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured