Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What would you do if your kid was a bully? *Update pg 4*

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My kid is way too young for me to worry about that (2 y.o.), but my cousin's son (9 y.o.) is this close to being the family bully.

He is disrespectful to grown ups and mean to other kids, hitting and calling them names.

She came to me for help and I'm at a loss. Anyone has some advice?

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 27, 2013 at 11:19 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 28, 2013 at 3:03 AM
I was the bully. My parents tried counselling, volunteering, taking away everything, nothing worked; I refused to participate. In the end they left me alone and I was fine.
JP-StrongForTwo
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 5:35 AM
2 moms liked this

beat him!!!

lol im kidding. but seriously, he needs consequences! I am a firm believer that no child is 'just born that way' all toddlers try a little bullying as part of growing up. snatching toys, hogging toys, stomping little feet, etc. 

it sounds like this hasnt be dealt with in the past, and its going to need to be dealt with NOW. its going to be harder, with him being older now. but i guarentee it will get MUCH harder as he gets older. 

JP-StrongForTwo
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 5:36 AM

Also, look into 123 magic. its a wonderful tool that has helped SO many kids. 

JP-StrongForTwo
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 5:36 AM

I always suggest 123 magic for children under 10. it has been so amazing and helpful for all the parents i know use it. 

Quoting lovemusic24:

He sounds like my four year old son and my 6 year old niece. I need the same advice.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 28, 2013 at 5:39 AM
1 mom liked this
I would punch myself in the face for raising a disrespectful asshole. Kids with good, disciplined, nurtured upbringings don't act like that. They got it from somewhere.....
jaytee
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 5:45 AM

I would be so disappointed! I teach my kiddos to treat others how they want to be treated. There would be hell to pay. They would be in some serious trouble! There is absolutely no reason to be mean and hateful.

justpeachy71904
by peachy on Aug. 28, 2013 at 5:54 AM
If it was something that punishment wasn't fixing I would seek outside assistance.
mamalynnsmith
by Bronze Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 5:56 AM
3 moms liked this

She has allowed this behavior. You have to start teaching kids at a very young age how you expect them to behave. Your sister needs to take control NOW. I would suggest taking every thing out of his room except the bed take away the cell phone handheld games ,no tv , no friends,. Start from sctach allow him to earn thing back with good behaviour, if he acts up take every thing away again and he starts to earn thing back once again. Also where is his dad, if he is not in the picture maybe grandpa needs to step in and do things with him. I would also praise good behavior not to the point that it is over board but point out what he does right.

Also if he was my kid he would not be able to set for a week

xomrs.chase
by Ruby Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 6:40 AM
This

Quoting brettsmomma:

I would take him to counseling and find out what is going on inside his head. There has to be a reason for it. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 28, 2013 at 6:42 AM
I would make their lives a living hell.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)