Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How very sad such a young life lost.

Posted by   + Show Post
My daughter is so upset tonight a boy she had known since 5th grade passed away today he was a year ahead of her. He was a football player at her school. She had mentioned he was having Brain surgery and I guess he didnt make it :( I don't know any more except for My daughter and her friends have been on the phone all night crying. She wasn't really close to him, but I think it's just the idea of someone close to her age that she knew passing away so young.

Please send a good thought to Tyler's family I know they need it right now :(
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 1:54 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 28, 2013 at 2:08 AM

Prayers to his family. So sad :0(

sissy502
by Gold Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 2:16 AM

It may help them if they find a way to memorialize his memory.

My daughter lost a good friend... the summer before his senior year. (the last weekend of summer actually)

On his school bus last year they put his picture in one of the seats & left it open all year.

They even had a an empty chair for him at graduation (with his pic on it) ... and had his sister walk up & accept his diploma in his memory.

There are Michael memorials all over the place.... somehow it makes the kids feel close to him. They even made a facebook page where they "talk" to him & tell him things like they miss him & are still thinking about him.

Micheal's classmates lost their innocence when he died. Before that, they were "untouchable" ya know. Kids always think it will happen to someone else.... but when tragedy hits so close to home they lost part of that childlike innocence. 

Kids need to process death.... but it's hard for them when it's one of their own who dies. (young peer)

My heart goes out to this family & his friends! 

grey7399
by Gold Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 2:23 AM

Poor Tyler.  His poor family.  Prayers.

LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 1:08 PM
You hit the nail on the head you never think someone you know can die like that. I'm sure the school will offer counseling for the kids. It just happened last night my daughters friends older brother was pretty Good friends with him so she called my daughter. I'm sure the school will be sending home some kind of letter to the parents too. All she could say about it was "I knew him, I sat next to him in 5th grade" it's a tough thing when it's someone so young. Ahe has lost great grandparents recently but it's just different.

Quoting sissy502:

My daughter lost a good friend... the summer before his senior year. (the last weekend of summer actually)

On his school bus last year they put his picture in one of the seats & left it open all year.

They even had a an empty chair for him at graduation (with his pic on it) ... and had his sister walk up & accept his diploma in his memory.

There are Michael memorials all over the place.... somehow it makes the kids feel close to him. They even made a facebook page where they "talk" to him & tell him things like they miss him & are still thinking about him.

Micheal's classmates lost their innocence when he died. Before that, they were "untouchable" ya know. Kids always think it will happen to someone else.... but when tragedy hits so close to home they lost part of that childlike innocence. 

Kids need to process death.... but it's hard for them when it's one of their own who dies. (young peer)

NewInChrist
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 1:09 PM
:( praying for them!
cbk_mom3
by JayTayGma on Aug. 28, 2013 at 1:11 PM

Anytime a young person is lost, it's so tragic. My prayers are with his family and friends, and your daughter.

NewInChrist
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 1:13 PM
They did stuff like this for my little cousin, too.
She was killed when she was 10 and all the kids wore her softball number on their jerseys, helmets, graduation gowns, etc.
They also made a Facebook page for her and at graduation she had a seat with her picture, tassel and roses.

Quoting sissy502:

LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 1:14 PM
Thank you it is sad I guess something happened during football practice and he was taken to the hospital Where they did brain surgery. One Of my daughters best friends is on the football team I can't imagine what the whole team is feeling right now. I think there are probably a lot of teary kids at school today.

Quoting cbk_mom3:

Anytime a young person is lost, it's so tragic. My prayers are with his family and friends, and your daughter.

cbk_mom3
by JayTayGma on Aug. 28, 2013 at 1:16 PM

Those are all such good ideas. My daughter's best friend from high school passed away one month short of her 19th birthday. She had been sick for a long time, and the idiot doctors were treating her for everything under the sun. Finally, one ER doctor did bloodwork, and it turned out she had Leukemia. She was diagnosed on Friday, and died on Sunday, before they could even do anything to help her. It was so sudden and shocking, her friends were just completely overcome. My daughter was 6 months pregnant with my oldest granddaughter, and she gave the baby her friend's middle name for her's (the baby's). And, there are times my granddaughter acts just like her namesake. LOL. Every year, on her birthday, and the date of her death, my daughter and all their friends in their little group get together and go to the cemetary together. One of the girls had a tattoo to memorialize the girl, and things like that. Even now, almost 8 years later, it's still hard to imagine she's not here.

Quoting sissy502:

cbk_mom3
by JayTayGma on Aug. 28, 2013 at 1:17 PM

I'm sure. Are they going to have grief counselors at the school for the kids to talk to? I've heard they are very helpful for kids when tragedy like this happens.

Quoting LCWAmommy:

Thank you it is sad I guess something happened during football practice and he was taken to the hospital Where they did brain surgery. One Of my daughters best friends is on the football team I can't imagine what the whole team is feeling right now. I think there are probably a lot of teary kids at school today.

Quoting cbk_mom3:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)