Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

torn....*edited* added too

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 44 Replies
I have been a SAHM for 10 years. I was blessed with staying with my kids for this long, however after my dh lost his job in december, we lost our house and I was forced into my in laws spare bedroom. I appreciate the help but I can no longer take being here. The day my 4 children and I moved in my mother in law quit cooking and cleaning and makes us do it. At first I felt like since we could not pay rent I could help out. I didn't sign up to be a slave. Dh and I got part time jobs finally! We have been looking but this is the first time we got hired. I was so excited, until I realized my dd who is 2 and a half, will be with mil all night while I work. My other children are 10,8 and 6. She I okay with them for about an hour then she gets short tempered and abusive with my children. Usually I am here to "save" my children. I am torn between leaving my babies with her so I can make money to get out of here or staying with my children. Dani has never went to sleep without me here and tucking her in. Mil will spank her if she gets out of bed looking for me.
She actually spanked her daughter when she was only 12 days old for crying! She even brags about how after that her baby never was a brat again. WTF. Are you kidding me?!
I don't know what to do, I have no family to leave my kids with and no money for a sitter.
Any advice would be helpful, I am just miserable and stressed out.

*Edit* everyone keeps suggesting dh work 2 jobs or gets a full time job, we can't! We have both been looking since the day that he lost his job in December. We had interviews but no calls back. Yesterday we both got a part time job, it was what was available. It was all that was available. I would gladly work 2 or 3 jobs if I could find them just to get out of here. There just isn't anyone hiring.
And also your posting about letting her hit my babies, I never let her hit any of my children. Dani is only 2 and a half, I keep an eye on the all the time. If they aren't at school then they are here with me. I don't let her do anything, its not my house as she continues remind me.
Just thought that might clear things up some.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 28, 2013 at 2:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Aug. 28, 2013 at 2:35 AM

Wtf. Don't leave your kids with her and move the fuck out! 

NiCo86
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 2:35 AM
1 mom liked this
that's a hard one :( try writing out a pros and cons list?
LiesLiesLies
by Platinum Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 2:36 AM
Shelter?

Sorry but I would never have my babies in a home with an abuser.
chicklopez
by Silver Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 2:38 AM
1 mom liked this

that is tough...if you cant work opposite shifts, then only one of you can work. Were I in that situation, my SO would rather work 2 jobs then have both of us work and leave our daughter with someone like that.

It might make it take longer to move out, but you couldnt live on yalls own with you both working part time anyway right?

grey7399
by Gold Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 2:39 AM

if its an appropriate spanking - suck it up.  I would hate it, so I know you will.  

As long as it isn't a beat down or worse, suck it up.  The faster you get to this job, the faster the money comes in and you can get the fk out of her crazy house.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 28, 2013 at 3:15 AM
He can't work 2 jobs cause he goes to college in the daytime and has a job.

Quoting chicklopez:

that is tough...if you cant work opposite shifts, then only one of you can work. Were I in that situation, my SO would rather work 2 jobs then have both of us work and leave our daughter with someone like that.

It might make it take longer to move out, but you couldnt live on yalls own with you both working part time anyway right?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 28, 2013 at 3:18 AM
Find another sitter?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 28, 2013 at 3:20 AM
Its never appropriate, last week I got in the shower and Dani slipped out the door of the bathroom to go watch Dora, mil was in the kitchen and I heard her scream, I just out soaking wet grab a towel on the way out the door, mil was making scrambled eggs and toast. Dani asked for some and she told her to go away, Dani asked again and she popped.her in the mouth and split her lip. I confronted her and she said she didn't want to make anymore food and Dani was being a brat. Its not hard to make a piece of toast and an egg. I am always between her and my children, but sometimes I slip obviously.

Quoting grey7399:

if its an appropriate spanking - suck it up.  I would hate it, so I know you will.  

As long as it isn't a beat down or worse, suck it up.  The faster you get to this job, the faster the money comes in and you can get the fk out of her crazy house.

chicklopez
by Silver Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 3:24 AM

You have to balance what you want with what you're willing to deal with. What's more important? Are you guys going to be able to support yourselves with you both working part time jobs if you managed to get opposing shifts? Because if you both have to work, then your youngest will be stuck with MiL as a baby sitter for a longer time then just when you live there.

I dont understand what your end goal is, or your time line.

Ultimatly I wouldnt leave my kid with MiL. I wouldnt take a job unless I was sure my SO would be there with her.

But, it's all about weighing your options.

Louweezymarie
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 3:29 AM

Seriously? This woman will leave your kids to go hungry because she's a lazy bitch and THEN smacks her in the mouth with a spatula for even asking? If you leave your kids with her, YOU'RE in the wrong. Living in a shelter is better than that garbage.

Quoting Anonymous:

Its never appropriate, last week I got in the shower and Dani slipped out the door of the bathroom to go watch Dora, mil was in the kitchen and I heard her scream, I just out soaking wet grab a towel on the way out the door, mil was making scrambled eggs and toast. Dani asked for some and she told her to go away, Dani asked again and she popped.her in the mouth and split her lip. I confronted her and she said she didn't want to make anymore food and Dani was being a brat. Its not hard to make a piece of toast and an egg. I am always between her and my children, but sometimes I slip obviously.

Quoting grey7399:

CafeMom Tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)