Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Kids to wear warning labels for back to school in Seattle.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
Local News

Kids to wear warning labels back to school

6 hours ago by Tiffany Todd SEATTLE
— As parents shop for back to school items, one new must-have could change the way students with severe allergies are treated.They will arrive to school wearing temporary tattoos on their skin that reveal their medical issues.

The founder of SafetyTat created stickers that you write on with a ballpoint pen.  Peanut Free Zone also makes temporary allergy-alert tattoos.Not everyone is a fan of the idea, concerned that the stickers may lead to bullying.

SafetyTat creator Michele Welsh addressed that issue with YAHOO! Shine.“If I had to choose fatal exposure over being harassed by kids, I would choose safety as my No. 1 concern,” she said.

To read more about allergy tattoos click hereRead more: http://q13fox.com/2013/08/27/kids-to-wear-warning-labels-back-to-school/#ixzz2dFYsOSp1
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 28, 2013 at 4:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 28, 2013 at 4:32 AM
Bump
PoisonEyeV
by ☆ No Ragrets ☆ on Aug. 28, 2013 at 4:34 AM

Why not an allergy necklace instead?  I had a penicillan allergy dog tag necklace when I was younger that I wore at certain places.  Idk...all this peanut allergy and whatever else allergy bullshit has gotten so extreme. Sucks a big one.

thefiregoddess
by MotherDucker on Aug. 28, 2013 at 4:36 AM
2 moms liked this

This is nothing new.

It was front page yahoo yesterday.. and i mentioned it repeatedly in the various allergen threads that popped up today.

I think its stupid I think allergy bracelets are stupid.

Honestly, NO ONE checks medical id bracelets, kids jewelry or temp tattoos. Ever.

Good idea in theory, but until there is a universal standard for allergen notification, or better yet self responsibility nothing will be effective.

TEACH THE CHILD NOT TO EAT ANYTHING BUT WHAT IS PACKED.

BAM! Problem solved.

JBiiirdD
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 4:51 AM
They have t-shirts available where you can actually check off what they cannot have. It's featured on the tv show "Raising Whitley". As a previous poster said, rarely so people read those, but a t-shirt is "in your face".
HistoryNutty
by Ruby Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 5:23 AM
There's adorable medical alert bracelets made for kids I found online. I wanted the penicillin one for myself. Totally cute.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 28, 2013 at 10:43 AM
B u m p
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 28, 2013 at 11:59 AM
B
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 28, 2013 at 11:59 AM
U
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 28, 2013 at 12:00 PM
M
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 28, 2013 at 12:00 PM
P
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN