Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I could have been robbed, raped, or even murdered.*ETA- photo on pg 17 of the text I sent Fiancé after the incident*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 239 Replies
Yesterday, I drove over to Walmart just to pick up a few things. I park far from any stores when I go shopping and what not, ya know, to get SOME type of exercise.

Well, I had just left my girlfriends house bc we had worked out. I was wearing these tight yoga pants, and this pink yoga shirt, and tennis shoes. Didn't have any type of makeup, I wasn't dressed to the point where I was seeking attention.

Well, I'm on the phone with my fiancé, as I'm loading up my front passenger seat with groceries, I see this guy, I will never forget his face.. He was walking towards my car.

He had on white sneakers, socks, denim jean shorts, and his bright white and turquoise stripped shirt, he had a gold chain with a charm around his neck, and he was carrying a black backpack over his right shoulder with a brown strap. He was about 5'7 or 5'8. I'd say probably 160- 170 pounds. He had almond brown eyes that were kinda off set from one another, and he had that like eraser type haircut, fade, whatever you call it. And his skin was like a caramel colored skin.

Well, I tell my fiancé "babe, please stay on the phone with me, please don't hang up" I just repeated it over and over.

They say you get that feeling something isn't right, that just comes over you.. well... I just knew in my gut something WAS NOT right.

I see the guy pass my car, before he makes it passed my car I threw my purse in with the rest of the groceries; I'm trying to act as I'm not threatened or scared... I see him from the corner of my eye start to slow down, I notice he looks around and does a half circle back towards me. He notices someone get in their car, so he turns around and slowly begins walking toward the store. I finally push the cart between him and I and I shut the passenger side door. He then turns around back towards me, and rushes over to me and asks my name.. "What's your name??" I shook my head no, and told him "I have to go" all the while my fiancé is asking what's going on, but I'm in a state of panic, my hearts racing, and I'm scared to death.

I get around the car, and slightly leaped for my door, jumped in and locked my door. When I looked through my side mirror, I see he is right there by my back door. I put the keys in the ignition, and he starts taking three steps forward. I put the car in drive, and he runs around to the other side. I put the car in reverse, and I was putting the car in drive, I see him do a slight jog towards the car..

My fiancé starts yelling at me asking me to tell him what just happened, and I begin having a full blown panic attack. I couldn't breath, my arms, legs, feet, everything was shaking.. I just burst into tears, and could barely get a word out.

Those kind of things only happen in movies. That was The most terrifying thing that has EVER happened to me in my 27 years of life.

I sat there and wondered- what would have happened if I hadn't been on the phone? What would have happened if i hadn't reacted so quickly and locked my door? What would have happened if that person hadn't been out there and he would have had an earlier opportunity to come near me??

One thing I have learned from all this ladies.

You can't trust anyone.
I'm one to be nice to everyone, no matter what.
But from now on, I am going to be more aware of my surroundings. No more tight clothes out in public, and no more parking far.

I asked my fiancé if I should report the incident just so women are aware of that man. I don't know what he is capable of.. Should I report it to protect others? Or should I just forget it and use it as a life lesson??
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 28, 2013 at 8:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dawnnamarie
by Ruby Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 8:32 AM
That would be scary! Did he try to open the door? Technically, just being creepy isn't illegal unfortunately :(
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 28, 2013 at 8:34 AM
No thank God! But he looked so pissed when I locked the door!

Quoting dawnnamarie:

That would be scary! Did he try to open the door? Technically, just being creepy isn't illegal unfortunately :(

dawnnamarie
by Ruby Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 8:36 AM
1 mom liked this
Glad you're ok!!

You could call the cops and report suspicious activity...

Quoting Anonymous:

No thank God! But he looked so pissed when I locked the door!

Quoting dawnnamarie:

newmom10142011
by Bronze Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 8:36 AM
2 moms liked this

report the incident to the police and the store carry a knife with you i always do when i out at night alone and when its late try not to park far from the door if you have to have an employee or security walk with you. and the clothes have nothing to do with itif a guy want to try something he will regardless of what you are wearing

Aslen
by Ruby Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 8:37 AM
1 mom liked this
Saving my seat.....
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 28, 2013 at 8:38 AM
I have pepper spray for the time being. My fiancé sai we are going to get my weapons permit, soon. He wants me to have a small hand held.. /:

I'm so terrified now.. Argggg

Quoting newmom10142011:

report the incident to the police and the store carry a knife with you i always do when i out at night alone and when its late try not to park far from the door if you have to have an employee or security walk with you. and the clothes have nothing to do with itif a guy want to try something he will regardless of what you are wearing

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 28, 2013 at 8:39 AM
Saving your seat, for?

Quoting Aslen:

Saving my seat.....

NiCo86
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 8:40 AM
he didn't do anything illegal, so there's nothing to report. maybe take a self defense class?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 28, 2013 at 8:40 AM
That is very scary, thank god you're OK. I would report this to the police, more than likely will be in that area again.
blessed107
by Ruby Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 8:42 AM

He actually started jogging towards your car after you had pulled off?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN