Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I could have been robbed, raped, or even murdered.*ETA- photo on pg 17 of the text I sent Fiancé after the incident*

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Yesterday, I drove over to Walmart just to pick up a few things. I park far from any stores when I go shopping and what not, ya know, to get SOME type of exercise.

Well, I had just left my girlfriends house bc we had worked out. I was wearing these tight yoga pants, and this pink yoga shirt, and tennis shoes. Didn't have any type of makeup, I wasn't dressed to the point where I was seeking attention.

Well, I'm on the phone with my fiancé, as I'm loading up my front passenger seat with groceries, I see this guy, I will never forget his face.. He was walking towards my car.

He had on white sneakers, socks, denim jean shorts, and his bright white and turquoise stripped shirt, he had a gold chain with a charm around his neck, and he was carrying a black backpack over his right shoulder with a brown strap. He was about 5'7 or 5'8. I'd say probably 160- 170 pounds. He had almond brown eyes that were kinda off set from one another, and he had that like eraser type haircut, fade, whatever you call it. And his skin was like a caramel colored skin.

Well, I tell my fiancé "babe, please stay on the phone with me, please don't hang up" I just repeated it over and over.

They say you get that feeling something isn't right, that just comes over you.. well... I just knew in my gut something WAS NOT right.

I see the guy pass my car, before he makes it passed my car I threw my purse in with the rest of the groceries; I'm trying to act as I'm not threatened or scared... I see him from the corner of my eye start to slow down, I notice he looks around and does a half circle back towards me. He notices someone get in their car, so he turns around and slowly begins walking toward the store. I finally push the cart between him and I and I shut the passenger side door. He then turns around back towards me, and rushes over to me and asks my name.. "What's your name??" I shook my head no, and told him "I have to go" all the while my fiancé is asking what's going on, but I'm in a state of panic, my hearts racing, and I'm scared to death.

I get around the car, and slightly leaped for my door, jumped in and locked my door. When I looked through my side mirror, I see he is right there by my back door. I put the keys in the ignition, and he starts taking three steps forward. I put the car in drive, and he runs around to the other side. I put the car in reverse, and I was putting the car in drive, I see him do a slight jog towards the car..

My fiancé starts yelling at me asking me to tell him what just happened, and I begin having a full blown panic attack. I couldn't breath, my arms, legs, feet, everything was shaking.. I just burst into tears, and could barely get a word out.

Those kind of things only happen in movies. That was The most terrifying thing that has EVER happened to me in my 27 years of life.

I sat there and wondered- what would have happened if I hadn't been on the phone? What would have happened if i hadn't reacted so quickly and locked my door? What would have happened if that person hadn't been out there and he would have had an earlier opportunity to come near me??

One thing I have learned from all this ladies.

You can't trust anyone.
I'm one to be nice to everyone, no matter what.
But from now on, I am going to be more aware of my surroundings. No more tight clothes out in public, and no more parking far.

I asked my fiancé if I should report the incident just so women are aware of that man. I don't know what he is capable of.. Should I report it to protect others? Or should I just forget it and use it as a life lesson??
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 28, 2013 at 8:27 AM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 28, 2013 at 8:47 AM
Nope. Daylight. About 3:00 in the afternoon.

Those sayings that they say about having a feeling in your gut?? I had that feeling.

You will never understand unless it happens to you.

I'm NEVER terrified or paranoid, and I am very friendly with anyone and everyone, but yesterday, was something completely abnormal.

Quoting zianneaaliyah:

Was this at night?  I can understand being apprehensive if a stranger is trying to approach you at night. 

Taylorzoe
by Silver Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 8:47 AM
I carry one knife on me and two in my car. I live in a not so savory area.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 28, 2013 at 8:49 AM
Thank you.

You just never know what people might say about a woman's clothing..

People say all the time, "well, she should t have been wearing that; she wouldn't be attracting so much attention.." All that nonsense..

Quoting momto3B:

First I am very glad you were not harmed and I am very sorry that you felt so threatened and I believe that the threat was real. 

Second, I do not understand how at 27,  you think what you were wearing would have been the catalyst for a rape. Rape is a crime of violence, not sex.  If that man was there to attack, rob and possibly rape you, it would NOT have been because of what you were wearing. 

Qmama206
by Nobi ❤️ on Aug. 28, 2013 at 8:51 AM
I'm glad your okay. I'm not sure you can report the creppy guy buy like you stated I just would not park so far. At Walmart can you get help out? I would take full advantage of that.
momof2boy2girl
by Valerie on Aug. 28, 2013 at 8:54 AM

I've had a couple creepy things happen, but nothing that bad.

The first was one night when I ran to stupid Walmart to buy something. It was very late. I was putting stuff in my van when some skeezy looking dude came up behind me quietly and got my attention. Thankfully, it was only to tell me that my tire looked low, but I did go through a moment of panic.

The second was just some scam artist. I know because he pulled the same thing twice. The first time was when I was filling up the car at Sam's Club. He came up and told me that his grandmother was in a hospital in Arkansas and he needed money to go see her, could I please spare some money. I said sorry and explained that I didn't carry any cash on me.

Two weeks later, run to stupid Walmart (really it's the only place to go if it is late and you want to buy something). The same guy approached me, while I was in the same car (I hardly expect him to remember) and told me that his grandmother was in Springfield, MO and dying and he needed gas money to go see her. I was kind of pissed at him because my grandmother had just been diagnosed with congestive heart failure, so I called him on his bullshit and told him that I would call the police if he ever approached me again. I called dh on my way home and told him about it. I then made a post on facebook warning the people I knew in the area not to give money to that guy despite his sob story.

pregnant

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 28, 2013 at 8:55 AM
I'm sure I could, but I'll be a little apprehensive the next couple of times I go shopping again.. Def won't be going alone for awhile

Quoting Qmama206:

I'm glad your okay. I'm not sure you can report the creppy guy buy like you stated I just would not park so far. At Walmart can you get help out? I would take full advantage of that.

zianneaaliyah
by 4ever LMFAO on Aug. 28, 2013 at 8:57 AM
2 moms liked this

Weird that you were that scared at Wal-mart in the middle of the day. I get approached all the time at Wal-mart because they allow solicitors. You sure you don't have any underlying anxiety issues?

Quoting Anonymous:

Those sayings that they say about having a feeling in your gut?? I had that feeling.

I'm NEVER terrified or paranoid, and I am very friendly with anyone and everyone, but yesterday, was something completely abnormal.

Quoting zianneaaliyah:

Was this at night?  I can understand being apprehensive if a stranger is trying to approach you at night. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 28, 2013 at 9:00 AM
The first story was creepy!!

We have panhandlers over here too. One day mom and I were in the car at a red light, guy is holding up a sign, and asks for money. Mom tells him we have none, and we sit there. Light turns green and we see him look in our car, and sticks his tongue out sexually.. Gross!! Mom and I look at each other and I'm like "ewww, go mom!" (Lol) at this time we were grossed out but laughing. The light turns yellow, and I'm like "nu uh!! You better go through that!!!" Made it right when it turned red.. Lol

Quoting momof2boy2girl:

I've had a couple creepy things happen, but nothing that bad.

The first was one night when I ran to stupid Walmart to buy something. It was very late. I was putting stuff in my van when some skeezy looking dude came up behind me quietly and got my attention. Thankfully, it was only to tell me that my tire looked low, but I did go through a moment of panic.

The second was just some scam artist. I know because he pulled the same thing twice. The first time was when I was filling up the car at Sam's Club. He came up and told me that his grandmother was in a hospital in Arkansas and he needed money to go see her, could I please spare some money. I said sorry and explained that I didn't carry any cash on me.

Two weeks later, run to stupid Walmart (really it's the only place to go if it is late and you want to buy something). The same guy approached me, while I was in the same car (I hardly expect him to remember) and told me that his grandmother was in Springfield, MO and dying and he needed gas money to go see her. I was kind of pissed at him because my grandmother had just been diagnosed with congestive heart failure, so I called him on his bullshit and told him that I would call the police if he ever approached me again. I called dh on my way home and told him about it. I then made a post on facebook warning the people I knew in the area not to give money to that guy despite his sob story.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 28, 2013 at 9:00 AM
1 mom liked this
Please if you read the OP story this guy clearly was not trying to sell her anything. He was indeed acting suspiciously.

Quoting zianneaaliyah:

Weird that you were that scared at Wal-mart in the middle of the day. I get approached all the time at Wal-mart because they allow solicitors. You sure you don't have any underlying anxiety issues?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting zianneaaliyah:

BeAmour
by Tonya on Aug. 28, 2013 at 9:02 AM
1 mom liked this

That's why I'm always heated. Whatever way he was walking I would have showed him what he was dealing with. I would have also took out my weapon in my glovebox (since you were in the front passenger side) and left it on my front seat.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN