Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

WOULD YOU DATE A MAN WITH 3 KIDS?? ** His Situation **

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Yes or no why?

Options:

yes, why?

no, why?

depends, on what?

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 101

View Results

With three different women?
First girl. They were engaged but then she cheated on him while he took care of the baby when he found out he left with his child.
Second women. Was a one night stand she told him she takes BC but she lied and got pregnant on purpose. He said he'll be there for the baby but he doesn't love her and can't be with her.,
3 rd women he married and lived together, but her family never accepted him into the family and that tore them apart.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 28, 2013 at 9:22 AM
Replies (41-50):
handy0318
by Ruby Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 9:38 AM

I dated a man with six kids.... so I guess three wouldn't be too bad...

It did "depend" though... It depended upon whether or not he had a really good reason not to be with those children's mother.

He didn't, so I moved on.

ETA Didn't see the part about the children being with different mothers... three kids with three different women... No... I would never date a man who had three children with three different women. Not even if he was a Cartwright.

fstysxofthebtt
by Gold Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 9:38 AM

depends. My dh has 2 boys from a previous marriage. Now, DH was supposed to be just a fwb but it obviously turned into more. Depending on whether said man was previously married, if child support was set up already, any debts would be discussed, and things of that sort. 

So, it really depends but, most likely not again. 

christina0607
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 9:38 AM

I wouldn;t date a man with one child.

lovnmy3boys
by Paula on Aug. 28, 2013 at 9:38 AM

Nope, that is way too much drama.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Aug. 28, 2013 at 9:39 AM
No.I think id prefer to date a guy with kids because they get it.I came in here expecting to say yes I would date a guy with 3 kids. The kids having the different moms changes things.did he peace out when the moms got pregnant? Did the moms leave him because he was a twatwaffle? Does he have commitment issues? Does he not know how to use condoms? All of those things are in need of very serious answers. But no even if he had the perfect answers I still wouldn't date him.because he'd probably lie to make himself sound better.
ILoveBeingAMom1
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 9:40 AM

Yes, and I am. He has 3 kids and I have 2. If you like a person why would you let the fact he has kids, no matter the number, keep you from dating? As long as he is a good father and takes care of them it shouldn't be an issue. 

Ok, just saw it said with 3 different women. That's a completely different story. Still, depends on the circumstances. These women could have skipped taking birth control. It isn't always the man's fault a woman get pregnant. Yes, it does take both of them for it to happen, but he could have thought there was something in place to prevent it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Aug. 28, 2013 at 9:41 AM
My SO has three kids ranging from 16 to 12, with two different woman, both ex-wives. I think it depends on the individual and the circumstances involved. If he was just sleeping around and bouncing from woman to woman, no. That wasn't his case so for us yes.
rosewind13
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 9:44 AM

I married a man who had 3 children.... I will never make that mistake, again. I ended up being free baby sitting for him and his dead beat baby mama. They screwed around behind my back while I got all he responsibility of three toddlers and keeping up the house without an ounce of help from either of them. 

They are amazing kids, though... I miss them like crazy now that he and I are divorcing. But there was no way to fix what our marriage had beome and he had no interest in fixing it, anyways. It was a disaster and miserable for everyone except him (he was getting everything he wanted by using us and not having to put any effort into being a father of husband.)

I won't ever do it again.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Aug. 28, 2013 at 9:44 AM

as long as he took care of them. I'm seeing a man with 4 kids currently, and he's a single dad. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Aug. 28, 2013 at 9:45 AM
How old were they when you split?I only ask because my parents split up my senior year of high school, were married for 12 years and I still talk to her every day.she's my stepmom

Quoting momof2boy2girl:

Nope, I am married LOL

Seriously, when I was single I would not date a man with children. I was a stepmother once and I will never do it again. I did get very close to my step children. I remember them fondly. They had nothing to do with the failed marriage, and it ws painful to lose them. I still get curious about what has happened with them. I know that my former stepdaughter had a baby. I also know that my stepson bought a house. Small towns do let you know stuff like that. I will never open myself up to that pain again. It is very difficult to get that close to a child that is not yours and then lose them from your life. I am not strong enough to deal with that so I avoid it completely.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)