Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My new baby LOVES his formula ETA

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 119 Replies
From the moment he came into our lives we knew there was no better option for him other than formula. He is 3 weeks old now and has had a few medical issues. He became dehydrated and was just not thriving. We had to feed him every hour for two weeks. But now at week three he is 11.5 in weight and can be fed every 3 hours! Wish the formula wasn't so clumpy, it would be so much easier to mix up. Anyone know any tricks to getting it nice and smooth?

ETA: Ok baby in bed, we useboiling water, then the powder, mix with a bullet, but will still have small clumps of powder. The powder is very clumpy in can and we try to smoosh the clumps out before putting it in the water, but we still get clumps in the formula.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 28, 2013 at 11:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 28, 2013 at 11:11 AM

Bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 28, 2013 at 11:12 AM
thanks for the bump!

Quoting Anonymous:

Bump

AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Aug. 28, 2013 at 11:12 AM
You will be called a horrible bitch for not breastfeeding.

My friend puts her formula in a baby bullet.
HeatherJ501
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 11:14 AM
1 mom liked this
Water first, then add formula. And shake the shit out of it! Turn the bottle every direction and SHAKE. Even do a roll around lol DS is on hypoallergenic and I swear it clumps more than your basic formula. It's a pain,
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 28, 2013 at 11:14 AM

Um im not sure what you are trying to say. But you sound very immature

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 28, 2013 at 11:15 AM
Can't do it, wouldn't work.

Quoting AliKatAK47:

You will be called a horrible bitch for not breastfeeding.

My friend puts her formula in a baby bullet.
MorganTho
by Silver Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 11:15 AM
Glad you found something that works! My cousin struggled with bfing her youngest and it turns out he has a ton of food allergies and my cousin didn't have enough support to know about an elimination diet. They put him on the formula for babies with allergies and she said the first time he had it he slept so well and wasn't screaming in pain.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Misery_Stitches
by Silver Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 11:15 AM
Clumpy? Are you making it right?

Im personally a breastfeeder but due to my line of work, Ive made thousands of bottles usin pretty much every brand in my country, and its never been clumpy before.
macysmom
by Platinum Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 11:15 AM
Mine doesn't clump at all, I warm the water in the bottle then add formula and just shake it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 28, 2013 at 11:16 AM
Um well, I guess it's good he has no problems with the formula. A lot of times babies will have issues with it. As for the clumps, use warm water, or pre make the bottles with hot water.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)