Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Which breeder is better?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 93 Replies

I'm going to adopt a english bull dog from a breeder. I found two breeders that have litters ready or will be ready within a week.

The first one is a beautiful almost all white puppy with just a little brown on her ear. The breeder wants $500. No requirement to get the puppy spayed. Comes with the registration papers to get the dog AKC registered.  They have the mom. The dad was a friends dog.  50 miles away

The other puppy is the usual white and brown. ready to go today. she has a voucher to get the dog spayed and microchipped by a certain date or she will come get the dog back. Already registred. $750.  Both parents on site. 30 miles away.

I love the white one, and its cheaper. But i have to pay to register the dog. But i really dont like how the 2nd one says if i don't get the dog spayed by a certain date she can come to my house and take the dog back. Once i own the dog, its none of her concern. I don't plan on breeding the dog but i don't like being told what to do by a stranger after i pay them almost $1000...

do not tell me to adopt from a shelter. if you can find me a purebred, registered, just weaned english bull dog in a shelter...i will look but good luck with that.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 28, 2013 at 11:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Aug. 28, 2013 at 11:23 AM
How old are the puppies? Do the breeders have websites? To me the second breeder sounds more reputable. What do you need to leave your pet unspayed for anyway?
X.Rukia.X
by Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 11:27 AM
1 mom liked this
Having a spay/neuter contract is very normal and common. To me the second sounds more reputable. And the first is just looking to make money. But the lower price tag is nice! I would go off of temperament personally not how much the puppy costs or a contract.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 28, 2013 at 11:28 AM

The first one. You may want to breed her someday.

LiamsLioness
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 11:30 AM

go with your gut and choose the puppy based on tempermeant

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 28, 2013 at 11:30 AM
9 moms liked this
That's not adoption, that's buying a dog. Don't pretend you're doing a good thing when you're just encouraging over population and murder.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 28, 2013 at 11:30 AM

I thought only shelters and rescues insisted on spay neuter?

I'd go with the first pup. No strings attached.

jb0520
by Platinum Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 11:30 AM
I just want to know why it's a requirement with the second breeder to have the dog spayed? Also does the second breeder have papers?
KenneMaw
by Gold Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 11:32 AM

Why do you need to spend the money to register the dog if you aren't going to show her or breed her? how much does it cost?  If it is expensive, can you do that at a later time?  I would go with the 1st one because likeyou, once the dog is in my home, the dog is mine. 

fairyjester
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 11:33 AM
1 mom liked this

the second one is clearly the responsible breeder.

fairyjester
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 11:34 AM
3 moms liked this

Quoting jb0520:

I just want to know why it's a requirement with the second breeder to have the dog spayed? Also does the second breeder have papers?

because the second breeder cares about the breed and does not want them bred willy nillly.

she more than likely shows her dogs.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)