Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Family pics, but I'm nervous

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 43 Replies
My family and I have never taken family portraits... But I decided we are this year. We're waiting until its a bit colder outside so they can be wintery pictures.. I'm bigger than I want to be (always have been, regardless of diet and exercise) so I'm uncomfortable with the idea. I don't want to regret not having any pictures later in life, so I'm sucking it up and taking them. Honestly I'm afraid that ill ruin our pictures because I think I'm so unphotogenic... Regardless of how I feel, we're taking these pictures! They will be outdoors.. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can be more comfortable with this? Clothes, poses, ect... Thank you :/
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 28, 2013 at 12:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 28, 2013 at 12:44 PM

No, I am skinny and still hate taking pics. GAH I need to though I have one family pic and thats it.... lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 28, 2013 at 12:46 PM
I swear all of my pics are the husband and kids... I pretend I love taking the pictures so I hide behind the camera... It's sad really

Quoting Anonymous:

No, I am skinny and still hate taking pics. GAH I need to though I have one family pic and thats it.... lol

Brkn.halo.6712
by Silver Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 12:47 PM

Gah I wish you lived near me :) I would hook you up! I know a ton of great poses that are flattering for bigger women. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 28, 2013 at 12:47 PM
1 mom liked this

I am in the same boat. My suggestion is get a new outfit that you absolutely love, go get your nails done and hair done the day of and even your makeup (which you can get done for free at a makeup counter in the mall fyi) the happier you are the more it will show in your pictures.

Quoting Anonymous:

I swear all of my pics are the husband and kids... I pretend I love taking the pictures so I hide behind the camera... It's sad really

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 28, 2013 at 12:49 PM
Don't wear red that will make you look bigger. If you're waiting until the cold weather comes go on a diet, try a low carb one and the pounds will come off.
ashley1693
by Gold Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 12:49 PM
I feel the same way. I'm a big girl and I HATE the way I look in photos. Sorry I'm no help :(
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 28, 2013 at 12:50 PM
What state are you in

Quoting Brkn.halo.6712:

Gah I wish you lived near me :) I would hook you up! I know a ton of great poses that are flattering for bigger women. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 28, 2013 at 12:51 PM
Thank you. Hopefully that will help. I haven't told my DH because it kind of embarrasses me

Quoting Anonymous:

I am in the same boat. My suggestion is get a new outfit that you absolutely love, go get your nails done and hair done the day of and even your makeup (which you can get done for free at a makeup counter in the mall fyi) the happier you are the more it will show in your pictures.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Brkn.halo.6712
by Silver Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 12:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Georgia

Quoting Anonymous:

What state are you in

Quoting Brkn.halo.6712:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 28, 2013 at 12:52 PM
Damn.. Red is my favorite color... Lol I think I'm going to go with browns

Quoting Anonymous:

Don't wear red that will make you look bigger. If you're waiting until the cold weather comes go on a diet, try a low carb one and the pounds will come off.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN