Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Family pics, but I'm nervous

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My family and I have never taken family portraits... But I decided we are this year. We're waiting until its a bit colder outside so they can be wintery pictures.. I'm bigger than I want to be (always have been, regardless of diet and exercise) so I'm uncomfortable with the idea. I don't want to regret not having any pictures later in life, so I'm sucking it up and taking them. Honestly I'm afraid that ill ruin our pictures because I think I'm so unphotogenic... Regardless of how I feel, we're taking these pictures! They will be outdoors.. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can be more comfortable with this? Clothes, poses, ect... Thank you :/
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 28, 2013 at 12:42 PM
Replies (41-43):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 28, 2013 at 5:13 PM
Lol thank you.

Quoting RMB2011:

It can, it really depends on how much fat there is and what suit you get. The full body ones are amazing and have minimal "pushing" lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Will a size smaller push the fat out a different direction? I'm not trying to look like a sausage here lol

Quoting RMB2011:

Yup, if you really, really want to look skinnier get a size smaller than the package says you should. They're expensive but if you have a problem area and you'll wear it often it pays for its self in self confidence. I have one that cover my stomach (my problem area that I am working on) I don't wear it often but if we're going out to a nice restaurant or to a friends for a party where I know pictures will be taken then I wear it. It makes me feel better and less self conscience.

Quoting Anonymous:

Do spanx really work

Quoting RMB2011:

Get some spanx and wear a sweater or poncho

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 28, 2013 at 5:14 PM
No. I've had a ton of friends use her and she truly is amazing in her work. She's a heavier girl, so maybe she'll have poses already that will flatter me

Quoting bayliesmommy:

Do you know your photographer? There are angles to make you appear thinner. Try not to be to matchy... Start with one shirt and pick colors that compliment that.

RMB2011
by Platinum Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 5:15 PM
Anytime!

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol thank you.

Quoting RMB2011:

It can, it really depends on how much fat there is and what suit you get. The full body ones are amazing and have minimal "pushing" lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Will a size smaller push the fat out a different direction? I'm not trying to look like a sausage here lol

Quoting RMB2011:

Yup, if you really, really want to look skinnier get a size smaller than the package says you should. They're expensive but if you have a problem area and you'll wear it often it pays for its self in self confidence. I have one that cover my stomach (my problem area that I am working on) I don't wear it often but if we're going out to a nice restaurant or to a friends for a party where I know pictures will be taken then I wear it. It makes me feel better and less self conscience.

Quoting Anonymous:

Do spanx really work

Quoting RMB2011:

Get some spanx and wear a sweater or poncho

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)