Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What is your plan if a national emergency occurs during school hours?

With all of the recent events going on with Syria its come to my mind that we are prepared for a lot of things, but ds just started school this week. We have no plans laid out as of right now if something should happen while he is school. Best case scenario is that dh could hop in the car and get him. But I'd like to talk to someone in the school and see if they have any procedures for that. If possible, and as long as there isn't immediate threat to the school, I'd like for them to keep them at school until a parent comes for them rather than evacuating them to another location. But we also have to consider an EMP strike- what would we do if we couldn't use the vehicles? We'd have to map out the quickest way there by foot. Then what? Should dh go alone and leave dd and I behind? All of us try to make it together?

What would YOU do if a national emergency occured during school hours?

And YES my tin foil is snuggly secured today ;)

by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 1:09 PM
Replies (201-201):
LitNut
by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 11:14 AM

I tried that crazy couponing business, but it is not easy; especially because we don't get a ton of ads like you do in America. Once we are back in the US, I'll probably start a small hoard just to have around. 

Quoting elephantmamaof2:

Heck yea they will!! I can't really get too into couponing for food, I pretty much just get a few extra cans of food and an extra case of water each time I go shopping. But if I see a deal for tampons or tylenol free with coupon? You bet I'm there! Haha! I know :( I wish we could too!

Quoting LitNut:

I was pregnant and hormonal and my grandpa had it on disc as an audiobook when we took a road trip to the east coast. I remember being so paranoid about it happening after that, haha. I'm thinking propane, also. And vitamin capsules.... Ugh, the list goes on and on, haha. The extreme coupon people will outlast us all. Unless they're all diabetic and NEED insulin frequently. Kind of makes me happy that we're stationed in a different country. I really wish there was a way that we could figure this all out without bombing other countries. 

Quoting elephantmamaof2:

I have, excellent book, so eye opening!! I use coupons for HBA products, so I have a pretty big supply of all that. Don't forget coffee and alcohol!

Quoting LitNut:

Have you read "One Second After" by I don't know who? It is fiction, but it goes into how things would likely go in the US after and EMP. IF it happens, go stock up on pads, tampons, cigarettes, Tylenol, and the like and use them as currency, haha.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)