Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Syria & WWIII Question...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 75 Replies

I already know I'm ignorant about this topic, that is why I'm asking you ladies for answers. I don't follow the news or politics because it's just too depressing. I only watch when I feel it's necessary. I've seen several posts about Syria and the possibility of WWIII starting tomorrow.

I googled Syria to attempt to learn more but I'm not quite sure what's going on. It looks awful what is happening over there (especially those poor babies) but hasn't this stuff happened in that part of the world for hundreds of years? Why the attention now? Anyone care to summarize what happened recently to make this situation different and why people are thinking that WWIII might start?

Sorry, I just want to know what's going on if anyone is willing to tell me since there is so much news that there really isn't anything that dumbs it down for someone who doesn't pay attention to this stuff. I want to be informed and do want to prepare if it's necessary.

**EDIT**

Thanks all for the information. I finally get it now. Even though it's not a fun subject to understand. My heart aches for those who are suffering right now. Prayers to those who are innocent and hurting.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 28, 2013 at 1:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 28, 2013 at 1:12 PM
9 moms liked this
Bombing for peace is like screwing for virginity.

None of it makes any sense IMO
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 28, 2013 at 1:43 PM

BUMP!

xomrs.chase
by Ruby Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 1:44 PM
I'm curious as well.
PoisonEyeV
by ☆ No Ragrets ☆ on Aug. 28, 2013 at 1:46 PM

bump

lchung1983
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 1:49 PM

Syria used chemical weapons against the people. That is an international war crime and the US is stepping in (without official UN support, but with unofficial support) to punish them for that crime. From what I gather, that's the gist of it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 28, 2013 at 1:51 PM
They're still investigating to see if indeed they used chemical weapons. If yet did, US will yep in.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 28, 2013 at 1:51 PM

So, if the Syrian government used a weapon to kill their own people, why is anyone stepping in? I'm not saying that morally we shouldn't, but I'm thinking it's a bad idea to step into something like that. Any idea why their government did that?

Quoting lchung1983:

Syria used chemical weapons against the people. That is an international war crime and the US is stepping in (without official UN support, but with unofficial support) to punish them for that crime. From what I gather, that's the gist of it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 28, 2013 at 1:51 PM
I don't think this will turn into war.
SageAdvice
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 1:52 PM

You are apparently online and therefore have access to the Internet and many search engines - the best thing you can do is keep reading and researching and form or own opinion and precede from there.

What anyone else says is simply their view and speculation, depending on the political views, religion and feelings about those involved.

I will say this . . . It's a cluster fuck, and time will tell where we will end up in this and how it effects our nation and the world.

sfigu16
by Platinum Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 1:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)