Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

DS got invited to his first party!!

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 1:16 PM
  • 10 Replies
1 mom liked this

As many of you know, ds is autistic.  He doesn't make friends easily.  He's nearly 8yrs old and has never had a friend or been to a birthday party.

We moved to this building in October and there are 5 girls his age on our floor.  One family is French speaking and we connected.  He has made friend's with their little girl.

He just got an invititation to her party and is so happy!

So, um, I've never been to one of these...  I have to call and rsvp I assume, should I just ask the mom what to get the girls for gifts?  Does ds have to dress up?

I'm so happy for him >.<

by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 1:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tardistraveller
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 1:19 PM

BUMP!

chickensmommy
by Gold Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 1:20 PM
How old is the little girl?
PoisonEyeV
by ☆ No Ragrets ☆ on Aug. 28, 2013 at 1:21 PM

Was he invited by mouth or did he get an invitation? Most of the information you need to know will be on the card. Well, it should be. I wouldn't ask what she wants, I would let ds pick something out with your guidance.  It will be a lot funner for him.  $15-20 should suffice and as far as dressing him up, just clean pants and a nice shirt, doesn't need to be something fancy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 28, 2013 at 1:22 PM

Aw how wonderful!

Ask the mom what the little girl will like, or you can get something like markers, pens, crayons and stuff that seems to disappear over night. If it stays warm where you are, maybe bubble sets or hula hoops. 

I wouldn't dress the little guy up for the party....there's other kids, party foods and frosting! My kids always come home filthy lol

STVUstudent
by Silver Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 1:26 PM

When we RSVP, we ask the parent if anything is off limits, and what kind of stuff is their kid into... Also, if you are unsure of the "dress code" it never hurts to ask... most kids parties these days are pretty casual, but especially as it is his first, you want him to fit in.  When in doubt, ask the party parent...  We also RSVP AS SOON as we know we are planning to attend...

Maxi_Maxi
by Gold Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 1:27 PM
Congrats! That's cute!
tardistraveller
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 1:39 PM

they're 8

Quoting chickensmommy:

tardistraveller
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 1:39 PM
1 mom liked this

sounds good, yes there is a # on the invitation, I assume I need to call to rsvp or they wouldn't have provided it.

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

Was he invited by mouth or did he get an invitation? Most of the information you need to know will be on the card. Well, it should be. I wouldn't ask what she wants, I would let ds pick something out with your guidance.  It will be a lot funner for him.  $15-20 should suffice and as far as dressing him up, just clean pants and a nice shirt, doesn't need to be something fancy.

tardistraveller
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 1:40 PM

awesome thanks

Quoting STVUstudent:

When we RSVP, we ask the parent if anything is off limits, and what kind of stuff is their kid into... Also, if you are unsure of the "dress code" it never hurts to ask... most kids parties these days are pretty casual, but especially as it is his first, you want him to fit in.  When in doubt, ask the party parent...  We also RSVP AS SOON as we know we are planning to attend...

chickensmommy
by Gold Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 2:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Arts and craft stuff is always good! Hope your DS has a blast!!

Quoting tardistraveller:

they're 8

Quoting chickensmommy:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN