Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

**EDIT** What exactly does a PTA mom look like....

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 2:34 PM
  • 208 Replies
Because apparently I don't fit the description. My daughters first day of kindergarten is tomorrow and yesterday I was at the school dropping off papers. Well this really nice lady was talking to me and asked me if I would be joining the PTA, before I could even answer this snooty looking bitch of a lady looks at both of us and says "I don't think you really look like a PTA mom, we don't have your kind in our group". Wtf kind of shit is that?! I'm pretty sure everybody in the office had their mouths drop open. Yes I have tattoos and piercings and I was wearing a tank and shorts, so is that what she was referring to? So ladies what exactly does a PTA have to look like? Should I have worn slacks and a button down lol?! I also had my 6 week old dd with me and when she seen her she kind of stuck her nose up in the air and made a sound. I swear it took everything I had not to knock the bitch out lol. Anyone else ever been told they don't fit a certain description?

**EDIT** thanks for all the funny replies and some good advice! As for the few anon haters...it is what it is and I got a laugh out of your bullshit too!
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 2:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommyof11050307
by Platinum Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 2:35 PM
1 mom liked this
No idea I don't join PTA. I vol with my kids class when they need me to.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Zanny
by Silver Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 2:36 PM

Wow.  Just wow.  

Im sorry that happened to you. 

LectioDivina
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 2:38 PM
18 moms liked this

It's not a club they made up, it's a parent's association...

If you're a parent at that school you're in.

Run against them for president and do a hostile takeover.

WheelerWife
by Silver Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 2:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Idk what a PTA mom looks like either, but here the PTA is pretty elitist too. I paid my fees and said I was interested in attending meetings but was informed those were only for the board (you know, pres., vice pres., etc.) and teachers. 

I always thought they WANTED parents in the PTA. There's even a drive for members with incentive for the kids whose class gets the most parents to join. 

Idk of I'll be "joining" this year. 

Bellum
by Bronze Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 2:39 PM

Don't let that chick stop you from joining.  Not all of us are that judge mental.

HumanBeing
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 2:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Don't dress like a tramp , lol JK!!!

I'm shocked someone told that to you but to be honest our PTA moms are very casual and have no tattoos or piercings that I know of be ause they dress conservatively.

I myself volunteer tons and when I do I typically dress conservative too.
HumanBeing
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 2:40 PM
That's weird. Our schools encourage parents to attend every meeting.

Quoting WheelerWife:

Idk what a PTA mom looks like either, but here the PTA is pretty elitist too. I paid my fees and said I was interested in attending meetings but was informed those were only for the board (you know, pres., vice pres., etc.) and teachers. 

I always thought they WANTED parents in the PTA. There's even a drive for members with incentive for the kids whose class gets the most parents to join. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 28, 2013 at 2:41 PM
2 moms liked this

What? Really? Sounds made up. Who actually says things like that?

WheelerWife
by Silver Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 2:43 PM

I thought it was weird too, but the only meetings they want parents at are the election ones (where they re-elect themselves or switch jobs) and if there's a big change at the school. 

Otherwise they don't even tell parents when the meetings are. 

Quoting HumanBeing:

That's weird. Our schools encourage parents to attend every meeting.

Quoting WheelerWife:

kysmama08
by Gold Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 2:43 PM
Same. I never planned on joining just volunteering when I needed to

Quoting mommyof11050307:

No idea I don't join PTA. I vol with my kids class when they need me to.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)