Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

**EDIT** What exactly does a PTA mom look like....

Posted by   + Show Post
Because apparently I don't fit the description. My daughters first day of kindergarten is tomorrow and yesterday I was at the school dropping off papers. Well this really nice lady was talking to me and asked me if I would be joining the PTA, before I could even answer this snooty looking bitch of a lady looks at both of us and says "I don't think you really look like a PTA mom, we don't have your kind in our group". Wtf kind of shit is that?! I'm pretty sure everybody in the office had their mouths drop open. Yes I have tattoos and piercings and I was wearing a tank and shorts, so is that what she was referring to? So ladies what exactly does a PTA have to look like? Should I have worn slacks and a button down lol?! I also had my 6 week old dd with me and when she seen her she kind of stuck her nose up in the air and made a sound. I swear it took everything I had not to knock the bitch out lol. Anyone else ever been told they don't fit a certain description?

**EDIT** thanks for all the funny replies and some good advice! As for the few anon haters...it is what it is and I got a laugh out of your bullshit too!
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 2:34 PM
Replies (201-208):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 23 on Aug. 30, 2013 at 6:00 PM

Wow just wow.

Then they are the LEGAL GUARDIAN which is what I just said.  Which would then mean she still has a child at the school.

My sister can't just go & join the PTA bc she is an Aunt, she needs to have a child there or be the GUARDIAN of my child or someone else's child in the school.  So in the end she still has a child at the school!

Quoting rayroe2:

A guardian can be a grandma aunt cousin etc

Quoting Anonymous:

Then their rules would be odd.

Never been to a school growing up where anyone could join, you had to have a child at the school to be a member of the PTO.  So you had to be a guardian or a parent or a step parent.

Quoting rayroe2:

She might be someones sister or aunt.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well if she isn't a teacher then she has to have a child at the school.

Quoting Anonymous:

She probably can't have kids or find a man and she is jealous and acts that way.

rayroe2
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 6:02 PM
Right not a mother. She more judgemental because she would feel judged for not having a child.

Quoting Anonymous:

Wow just wow.

Then they are the LEGAL GUARDIAN which is what I just said.  Which would then mean she still has a child at the school.

My sister can't just go & join the PTA bc she is an Aunt, she needs to have a child there or be the GUARDIAN of my child or someone else's child in the school.  So in the end she still has a child at the school!

Quoting rayroe2:

Quoting Anonymous:

Never been to a school growing up where anyone could join, you had to have a child at the school to be a member of the PTO.  So you had to be a guardian or a parent or a step parent.

Quoting rayroe2:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

She probably can't have kids or find a man and she is jealous and acts that way.

colins_mom
by Ruby Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 6:31 PM
2 moms liked this
haha! I have accidentally wore many "offensive" t-shirts to PTA meetings.

Quoting bluebunnybabe:

My kids are grown now but when they were growing up I was room mom for them every year & always active in PTO & then got roped in to being PTO secretary for a few years. Well, I'm probably not "that person" & one day there was a big presentation & nobody told me we had to be on the stage to accept some plaque & get our picture taken for the newspaper. I showed up in my normal attire- shorts & a t-shirt. It may or may not have said "don't piss me off, I'm running out of places to hide the bodies". Lol they sure warned me of anything going on from that point on.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 27 on Aug. 30, 2013 at 6:34 PM
my sons PTA actually has a "family membership" my mom and I paid for it and it includes me, my mom, ds stepmom, dad, his other grandma and a great grandma. there are a lot of childless people involved at the school because they want to help out nieces and nephews.

Quoting Anonymous:

Wow just wow.

Quoting rayroe2:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting rayroe2:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 23 on Aug. 30, 2013 at 7:07 PM
As I said unless ran differently, but I would check the by laws.

Family Memberships are typically those that live in the house and gives them a voting right.

Quoting Anonymous:

my sons PTA actually has a "family membership" my mom and I paid for it and it includes me, my mom, ds stepmom, dad, his other grandma and a great grandma. there are a lot of childless people involved at the school because they want to help out nieces and nephews.

Quoting Anonymous:

Wow just wow.

Quoting rayroe2:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting rayroe2:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

kysmama08
by Gold Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 9:32 PM
Lol same here.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well I've seen her SN a few times and every time she's being a bitch lol

Quoting kysmama08:

She's probably just one of those snobby and thinking she's better than everyone PTA moms we've all been complaining about.

Quoting Anonymous:

Are you a miserable bitch?

Quoting autodidact:

basic grammar skills ≠ perfect, just competence. 

Quoting kysmama08:

Lol. My bad I forgot there was a perfect person the page. Shiiiit.

Quoting autodidact:

grammar: relevant to education.  

Quoting kysmama08:

Ok...judge.

Quoting autodidact:

when she saw her.

I was with you until that point. 

kysmama08
by Gold Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 9:38 PM
Lol whatever you say. Quick to judge huh? Do you know me, were you there? Didn't think so.

Quoting Anonymous:

i call bullshit. she probably gave you a look, and you went from there.

kysmama08
by Gold Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 9:41 PM
That's great. If only everyone thought like that. Some people are just there to somehow try and prove they're better and lose sight if why they're really there. I filled out some volunteer forms for some things coming up on the school site :)

Quoting CABZS:

LOL wasn't always like that, not until my friend & I took it over.

My first year here I had nothing to do w/the PTO.  Then my friend & I decided to run for Prez & VP (I had not desire to be Prez lol).  We won, found their financials were a mess, they weren't registered on post (we are military) and it was awful.

Our first year we did a lot of leg work to get involvement again and by mid year we were a hit (2 teachers that were friends w/the old pto hate us but whatever) w/parents & staff.  This year I am overwhelmed w/volunteer forms.  3 weeks into school & I'm still inputting them into the computer.

That's why I said, don't let the bitch deter you.  Things don't change when people let the asses get their way :)

Quoting kysmama08:

Oh I'm sorry I wasn't meaning it in a bad way. I was saying that's how every school should be. You're lucky you're is like that!! It's great!!!

Quoting CABZS:

Ok, not sure why you just said this to me.

I think I very clearly said we could not do what we do w/o our volunteers & that we have volunteers from all walks of life.

I am VP of our PTO & I know exactly what we are about so not sure why you are pointing out to me what it is about.

Quoting kysmama08:

It's about making the school a better place not judging the person helping

Quoting CABZS:

Please don't let that deter you.

I am VP of our PTO & we have NEVER shunned anybody & NEVER ever would!  We have so many volunteers from all different walks of life & w/o them we could do what we do for the school!

I am sorry you came across a bitchy lady!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)