Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

**EDIT** What exactly does a PTA mom look like....

Posted by   + Show Post
Because apparently I don't fit the description. My daughters first day of kindergarten is tomorrow and yesterday I was at the school dropping off papers. Well this really nice lady was talking to me and asked me if I would be joining the PTA, before I could even answer this snooty looking bitch of a lady looks at both of us and says "I don't think you really look like a PTA mom, we don't have your kind in our group". Wtf kind of shit is that?! I'm pretty sure everybody in the office had their mouths drop open. Yes I have tattoos and piercings and I was wearing a tank and shorts, so is that what she was referring to? So ladies what exactly does a PTA have to look like? Should I have worn slacks and a button down lol?! I also had my 6 week old dd with me and when she seen her she kind of stuck her nose up in the air and made a sound. I swear it took everything I had not to knock the bitch out lol. Anyone else ever been told they don't fit a certain description?

**EDIT** thanks for all the funny replies and some good advice! As for the few anon haters...it is what it is and I got a laugh out of your bullshit too!
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 2:34 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 28, 2013 at 2:53 PM

I think you're supposed to have your nails done, perfect hair, makeup, and perfect clothes and heels.  "Stepford" wives.  Any PTA moms I've seen, all look like what I described.

Maxi_Maxi
by Gold Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 2:53 PM
1 mom liked this
I always picture Debra from Everybody Loves Raymond as the poster mom for PTA.
LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 2:54 PM
You should look up the PTA by laws. I'm pretty damn sure they have to hold general meetings to let parents know what's going on. Otherwise it's just them spending PTA funds and not having to answer to anyone.

Quoting WheelerWife:

Idk what a PTA mom looks like either, but here the PTA is pretty elitist too. I paid my fees and said I was interested in attending meetings but was informed those were only for the board (you know, pres., vice pres., etc.) and teachers. 

I always thought they WANTED parents in the PTA. There's even a drive for members with incentive for the kids whose class gets the most parents to join. 

Idk of I'll be "joining" this year. 

notjstasocermom
by Emerald Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 2:56 PM

yeah sure.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 28, 2013 at 3:01 PM

Like this apparently, but add some pearls.  LOL 

I think however you look is fine.  Sounds like she was a snot who had a problem.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 28, 2013 at 3:04 PM
It means she is a snot. I am on the board at and at our school if we did not have your kind we would not have many members. What she did was uncalled for.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Aug. 28, 2013 at 3:07 PM
wow, just wow. We have PTA snobs here too. And the kicker is that this is a bankrupt areaROFL. So they are snobs of the dirt pile bwahaha

I joined anyway and volunteered where and when I could. At my elder's school I wound up president, at my younger's was 'pushed out' by the snobs. I just never got called in for the stuff. Then they would bitch about not enough help. Um duh, when you won't let anyone but 3 people come in, what do you think will happen?! lol
jessi2girls
by Ruby Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 3:09 PM

well.. our PTA leader at our school is a camo wearing farmer BOY... so I guess our school doesn't have a "kind" lol. 

Supervane
by Ruby Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 3:12 PM
1 mom liked this
In my area fat with messed up hair, mainly messed up hair or pony tail is the standard . Now PTA dads..... That's a different story they are usually nice to look at
Megan11587
by Platinum Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 3:13 PM

Wow!  That is messed up!  What did you say to her?? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN