Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

**EDIT** What exactly does a PTA mom look like....

Posted by   + Show Post
Because apparently I don't fit the description. My daughters first day of kindergarten is tomorrow and yesterday I was at the school dropping off papers. Well this really nice lady was talking to me and asked me if I would be joining the PTA, before I could even answer this snooty looking bitch of a lady looks at both of us and says "I don't think you really look like a PTA mom, we don't have your kind in our group". Wtf kind of shit is that?! I'm pretty sure everybody in the office had their mouths drop open. Yes I have tattoos and piercings and I was wearing a tank and shorts, so is that what she was referring to? So ladies what exactly does a PTA have to look like? Should I have worn slacks and a button down lol?! I also had my 6 week old dd with me and when she seen her she kind of stuck her nose up in the air and made a sound. I swear it took everything I had not to knock the bitch out lol. Anyone else ever been told they don't fit a certain description?

**EDIT** thanks for all the funny replies and some good advice! As for the few anon haters...it is what it is and I got a laugh out of your bullshit too!
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 2:34 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Aug. 28, 2013 at 3:15 PM

Pic.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Aug. 28, 2013 at 3:15 PM
Ha not my kids school's PTA. They are very casual all the time, boring jeans, t-shirts, no makeup, no hairstyle, in fact, really no style at all. However, they're very nice women and care a lot about the school. They just always seem so clique-y to me because most of the moms all have boys around the same age so they are always hanging out together.

Quoting Anonymous:

I think you're supposed to have your nails done, perfect hair, makeup, and perfect clothes and heels.  "Stepford" wives.  Any PTA moms I've seen, all look like what I described.

crazygirl907
by Silver Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 3:16 PM

I'm in the PTA and have tattoos. No one has said anything mean, but this is the first school we've been to where that has been the case, which is why I joined. The last school they were assholes, and I even had someone complain about my tattoos. They are not offensive at all, the visible ones are stars. I was so upset and pissed off at that. Don't let them discourage you!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Aug. 28, 2013 at 3:16 PM
It's like that here too.. Just no one says it out loud. I usually just help out in the classroom or send extra supplies when needed. I'm not PTA material
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Aug. 28, 2013 at 3:19 PM

At my dd's school, they all have short hair (short as in not below the ears) and prefer leggings with a huge shirt or capri pants and polos.   Oh, and they're 50 - 100 lbs overweight.  

miisha
by Gold Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 3:21 PM
Here, it's the rich, snooty, perfect bitches. Picture the show, the real house wives. That's our PTA ,the only difference, they are more casual.

Apparently, I don't fit in because I'm not rich and have a huge house.
haylemoon
by Bronze Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 3:22 PM

That's the way it was at my son's school and is at my Step-kids school...It's a 1.00 to sign up and then you never get told about meetings..Those are for the "elected members" My youngest 2 are homeschooled...so DH and I are the PTA...Tattoo's and all...LOL

Quoting WheelerWife:

I thought it was weird too, but the only meetings they want parents at are the election ones (where they re-elect themselves or switch jobs) and if there's a big change at the school. 

Otherwise they don't even tell parents when the meetings are. 

Quoting HumanBeing:

That's weird. Our schools encourage parents to attend every meeting.

Quoting WheelerWife:

Idk what a PTA mom looks like either, but here the PTA is pretty elitist too. I paid my fees and said I was interested in attending meetings but was informed those were only for the board (you know, pres., vice pres., etc.) and teachers. 

I always thought they WANTED parents in the PTA. There's even a drive for members with incentive for the kids whose class gets the most parents to join. 

Idk of I'll be "joining" this year. 

LovlyRita
by Meter Maid on Aug. 28, 2013 at 3:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow! I am friends with most of our PTA board. We have everything from the "spend the day at the spa" mom, to the dumpy, wore pjs to school mom and NOBODY care because its all for the kids. Smh

Please be very active in your PTA. It's good for the kids and for the school. I'd also like to see you stick it to that very rude mom.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Aug. 28, 2013 at 3:28 PM

i woulda replied, 'well, with someone like YOU in it, it can't be that good anyways..i'll find my own way to help my dd's class'

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 28, 2013 at 3:28 PM

Sounds a lot better.  Lol.  They are extremely clique-y.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ha not my kids school's PTA. They are very casual all the time, boring jeans, t-shirts, no makeup, no hairstyle, in fact, really no style at all. However, they're very nice women and care a lot about the school. They just always seem so clique-y to me because most of the moms all have boys around the same age so they are always hanging out together.

Quoting Anonymous:

I think you're supposed to have your nails done, perfect hair, makeup, and perfect clothes and heels.  "Stepford" wives.  Any PTA moms I've seen, all look like what I described.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN