Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

**EDIT** What exactly does a PTA mom look like....

Posted by   + Show Post
Because apparently I don't fit the description. My daughters first day of kindergarten is tomorrow and yesterday I was at the school dropping off papers. Well this really nice lady was talking to me and asked me if I would be joining the PTA, before I could even answer this snooty looking bitch of a lady looks at both of us and says "I don't think you really look like a PTA mom, we don't have your kind in our group". Wtf kind of shit is that?! I'm pretty sure everybody in the office had their mouths drop open. Yes I have tattoos and piercings and I was wearing a tank and shorts, so is that what she was referring to? So ladies what exactly does a PTA have to look like? Should I have worn slacks and a button down lol?! I also had my 6 week old dd with me and when she seen her she kind of stuck her nose up in the air and made a sound. I swear it took everything I had not to knock the bitch out lol. Anyone else ever been told they don't fit a certain description?

**EDIT** thanks for all the funny replies and some good advice! As for the few anon haters...it is what it is and I got a laugh out of your bullshit too!
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 2:34 PM
Replies (41-50):
kysmama08
by Gold Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 4:53 PM
Apparently the stuck up bitch at my daughters school.

Quoting Anonymous:

What? Really? Sounds made up. Who actually says things like that?

kysmama08
by Gold Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 4:56 PM
Oh I def wouldn't. I didn't plan on joining anyways lol I'll just be there for things my dd wants me involved in of course.

Quoting Bellum:

Don't let that chick stop you from joining.  Not all of us are that judge mental.

JustBreath2013
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 4:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Like me...lol
Idk
kysmama08
by Gold Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 4:59 PM
Lol oh I wanted to. Apparently my self control was in tact!

Quoting missmamaof4:

<-----this is what a PTA mom looks like

And i would have totally decked that lady

goddess99
by Silver Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 5:00 PM

Hmm Idk, I have visible tattoos and all that and I was pto president for years.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Aug. 28, 2013 at 5:02 PM
I agree

Quoting Anonymous:

What? Really? Sounds made up. Who actually says things like that?

kysmama08
by Gold Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 5:04 PM
Lol I guess so. I'm 28 years old, have a beautiful family, nice car, good job and just because someone doesn't look all rich and stuffy they get judged. I'm sure you know what I mean. It's bs! Lol idk how I didn't punch her....I should've tripped her lol

Quoting mellienium:

you're expected to look old and haggard -- don't look like you enjoy life. you'll fit right in! jk jk.

that lady was just plain rude but hey, people judge because that's just how they are. my ss goes to a catholic private school which doesn't help my case.  i have tattoos and piercings too and am wayyy younger than most of the parents (they all look to be mid 30's to 40's) while i'm in my 20's haha! (DH had his son at a young age).  anyways, i've never had anyone say anything to me, but good for you for being able to control yourself!

kysmama08
by Gold Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 5:06 PM
It was just the way this lady was. Some people are just overly judgmental.

Quoting goddess99:

kysmama08
by Gold Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 5:08 PM
Nope

Quoting 1stfamily:

I was wondering if it is harper valley pta

goddess99
by Silver Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 5:09 PM

They are, ignore her and go to some of the pto meetings. It's a fun way to get involved in your kids school.

Quoting kysmama08:

It was just the way this lady was. Some people are just overly judgmental.

Quoting goddess99:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)