Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My boyfriend's ex constantly calls him for financial assistance

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 39 Replies
I have two kids with my ex and my bf has one by his ex. He pays $500 in child support every month,we don't get get into each other's business about our exes until he called me angry one day saying how his ex lives beyond her means living in a house with a $1000 mortgage, $800 carnote with a $1100 income. He said she basically tries to live off of the child support he pays and the child support her other ex pays. He then went on to say that everytime she cant pay a bill, she calls him for help and he say he gives her her child support early...weeks later when something else goes wrong, she calls him for more help again after he already paid his child support and sometimes he helps. I understand his daughter lives with her mom, but its not my boyfriend responsibility to help her with her bills when her cs runs out. It's really starting to upset me.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 28, 2013 at 3:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 28, 2013 at 3:55 PM

He shouldn't have to deal with that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 28, 2013 at 3:56 PM
2 moms liked this
If he doesnt like it he needs to only pay child support and man up and say no! Its really easy :)
ilovemykids323
by Platinum Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 3:57 PM

this

Quoting Anonymous:

If he doesnt like it he needs to only pay child support and man up and say no! Its really easy :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 28, 2013 at 3:57 PM
I totally agree! I understand paying child support, but paying for bills that aren't his own after the fact , not so much.

Quoting Anonymous:

xoch86
by Gold Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 3:57 PM

He needs to say no.. And that's it. No means no, and be firm.

rosemagic01
by Ruby Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 3:58 PM

What the hell is she driving that she has that high of a payment on a car?! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 28, 2013 at 4:00 PM
I believe a 2013 Infiniti

Quoting rosemagic01:

mommy2boys03
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 4:01 PM
4 moms liked this

He needs to ask what his daughter needs and then if it's a true need of her buy it.  Such as she out grew her shoes.  Next visit buy the shoes themself and not help the mother with her bills.  While I know the child support is supposed to go for that stuff, I find it hard to punish the child for the mother's stupidity.  I would not however give the money for the item.

ILoveBeingAMom1
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 4:05 PM

He shouldn't have to do that, but when he does he needs to keep a good record of it. Maybe even get her to sign her name to everything he pays.

rosemagic01
by Ruby Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 4:06 PM

If he keeps giving her money its only going to make her end up going back to court and telling them that she needs more from him and that he can afford it. Not sure if it would work but he needs to learn to say no. If she's living beyond her means then its reason for him to take some more custody of his child because she obviously can't care for a child if she can't pay her bills. Especially if she says she needs the money for heat/hot water/food/other basic needs.

Quoting Anonymous:

I believe a 2013 Infiniti

Quoting rosemagic01:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)