Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My boyfriend's ex constantly calls him for financial assistance

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I have two kids with my ex and my bf has one by his ex. He pays $500 in child support every month,we don't get get into each other's business about our exes until he called me angry one day saying how his ex lives beyond her means living in a house with a $1000 mortgage, $800 carnote with a $1100 income. He said she basically tries to live off of the child support he pays and the child support her other ex pays. He then went on to say that everytime she cant pay a bill, she calls him for help and he say he gives her her child support early...weeks later when something else goes wrong, she calls him for more help again after he already paid his child support and sometimes he helps. I understand his daughter lives with her mom, but its not my boyfriend responsibility to help her with her bills when her cs runs out. It's really starting to upset me.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 28, 2013 at 3:54 PM
Replies (31-39):
Maxi_Maxi
by Gold Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 5:01 PM
I'd bring it up after its a solid yes, you're getting married. That's just what I personally would do. I couldn't deal with that in my life.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes, we talk about it all the time. He is a really kind hearted person, but he needs to draw the line somewhere.

Quoting Maxi_Maxi:

Just hang in there. Do you guys think there's marriage in your future?

Quoting Anonymous:

That's exactly how I feel.

Quoting Maxi_Maxi:

I would have difficulty with it.

Quoting Anonymous:

I dont say anything. Its getting hard to since it seem to be happening more often.

Quoting Maxi_Maxi:

He should say no, but I wouldn't tell him that if I were you. I'd stay out of it unless its agreed you would start sharing in that.

ZombieMeat
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 5:01 PM

I would stay out of it.

ElitestJen
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 5:02 PM

His problem.  Stay out of it.

bluebunnybabe
by Ruby Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 5:04 PM
I know several people that pay that much because they have super bad credit & pay really high interest rates. Crazy to me. I'd rather buy a clunker with cash at that point!

Quoting rosemagic01:

What the hell is she driving that she has that high of a payment on a car?! 

rosemagic01
by Ruby Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 5:08 PM

Seriously! So crazy. I'm 5000 upside down in my car (long story previous one was falling apart and we owed too much) and still only pay $360 a month for a brand new 2013 car. Is it the greatest car? No its a Prius but I would never ever pay that much! It was a bit shocking. 

Quoting bluebunnybabe:

I know several people that pay that much because they have super bad credit & pay really high interest rates. Crazy to me. I'd rather buy a clunker with cash at that point!

Quoting rosemagic01:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 28, 2013 at 5:10 PM
That seems like a fair thing to do, I just hope he doesn't keep venting to me about it, cause if he does I may have to give my honest opinion

Quoting Maxi_Maxi:

I'd bring it up after its a solid yes, you're getting married. That's just what I personally would do. I couldn't deal with that in my life.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes, we talk about it all the time. He is a really kind hearted person, but he needs to draw the line somewhere.

Quoting Maxi_Maxi:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Maxi_Maxi:

Quoting Anonymous:

I dont say anything. Its getting hard to since it seem to be happening more often.

Quoting Maxi_Maxi:

He should say no, but I wouldn't tell him that if I were you. I'd stay out of it unless its agreed you would start sharing in that.

Maxi_Maxi
by Gold Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 5:13 PM
Have you asked him what he thinks he should do about it?

Quoting Anonymous:

That seems like a fair thing to do, I just hope he doesn't keep venting to me about it, cause if he does I may have to give my honest opinion

Quoting Maxi_Maxi:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Maxi_Maxi:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Maxi_Maxi:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Maxi_Maxi:

bluebunnybabe
by Ruby Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 6:12 PM
We have a Hyundai that we rolled almost five grand in to which is also a long story. It happens but you can't keep compounding the mistake but some people do. I know a chick that pays over $800 a month for her Mustang & I was like wtf & then she said that she bought it a few months after her bankruptcy. Well, what did she think they would do? We have the Hyundai & a nice Dodge quad cab & combined it's $800 a month. I'm sure not paying that for one vehicle. Hell, I don't even really like paying it for two! Two more years....... Lol

Quoting rosemagic01:

Seriously! So crazy. I'm 5000 upside down in my car (long story previous one was falling apart and we owed too much) and still only pay $360 a month for a brand new 2013 car. Is it the greatest car? No its a Prius but I would never ever pay that much! It was a bit shocking. 

Quoting bluebunnybabe:

Quoting rosemagic01:

iMadGen
by Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 6:25 PM
I don't get nearly enough child support ($100 a month for an 8 year old) is he is 12,000 behind...anyway if our daughter needed something "extra" like her karate classes or something involving school, I ask my ex directly for the money, never cash in hand, I haven't had to do tht yet, since I'm waiting for a modification, however if I did that's how it would go
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)