Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My husband NEVER helps me do anything

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies

Im on the brink of a mental break down. Yes he works outside of home, I work from home (A real job not some pyramid scam) and our two kids are with me all day. Its HELL. I cant get anything done and they are always taring our house apart while im trying to do my work. I always manage to have dinner ready for him when he gets home though. Yes our laundry is out of control and there are usually dishes in the sink. He never helps with any of it. He doesnt do his own laundry and I cant even get him to take the trash to the curb on trash day. Yes he does work hard outside of the home but I NEED SOME HELP with this stuff. I cant watch the kids, work, and do all of this at the same time. Its too much. Were in the middle of a move and he wont take a day off to help me so im stuck doing it all by myself, with a 2yo and a 4yo. He said "Well I have Sunday off and ill help you move the couch" UHG. I wish he could stop being a work a holic for one day and just help a little. All im asking for is for him to help with a few chores. For him to stop leaving his dishes all over the house and for him to at LEAST pick up after himself. He throws his dirty clothes all over and expects me to walk after him cleaning up.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 28, 2013 at 4:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 5:00 PM
1 mom liked this

get a house cleaner and a babysitter

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 28, 2013 at 5:02 PM

Can your kids go to daycare?

Jac817
by Bronze Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 5:03 PM

Why don't you get a babysitter? If it is that bad, then that would be a good option. I do all all of that as well, just not working from home.  It doesn't bother me. Maybe get another job outside of the house?

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Aug. 28, 2013 at 5:03 PM

daycare

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 28, 2013 at 5:03 PM

Tell him that if he isn't going to help you out, he needs to hire a cleaning lady.

mylifemylove864
by Ruby Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 5:04 PM
Hire a maid and a nanny and movers. And if he has an issue with the money, tell him he could save the money by helping.

I really wouldn't stand for my husband to not only not help but to treat me with such disrespect that he creates more of a mess. Its like he believes that you're his personal maid.
MamaBurmie
by Silver Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 5:04 PM
Sounds like my husband
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 28, 2013 at 5:05 PM

Thats how I feel right now. He doesnt even have sex with me! Im like his slave.

Quoting mylifemylove864:

Hire a maid and a nanny and movers. And if he has an issue with the money, tell him he could save the money by helping.

I really wouldn't stand for my husband to not only not help but to treat me with such disrespect that he creates more of a mess. Its like he believes that you're his personal maid.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 28, 2013 at 5:05 PM

Even if they were in daycare he needs to help out.

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

daycare

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 28, 2013 at 5:06 PM

How do you deal with it? Mine hardly ever even has sex with me anymore.

Quoting MamaBurmie:

Sounds like my husband

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)