Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My dd got in trouble at school today, and I'm a little ticked at the school.

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 4:50 PM
  • 114 Replies
DD came home today and had "three strikes"...her classroom does 3 strikes and you're out. They get strikes for misbehaving. Her (assistant) teacher wrote in the note that it was for talking and not following directions. She was SO upset, and said that she did not hear her teacher telling her to be quiet. It is not like her to not listen and follow directions. We NEVER had an issue in preschool. It is listed on all of her forms that she has a hearing deficit, and I even reminded her teacher during orientation, and on the first day of school....So I called her teacher. She said that the assistant is the one that got onto her, and that she is soft spoken. She said that she was just so upset and crying because she got in trouble, and even told her that she didn't hear her other teacher. I'm not really sure how I feel about this situation. :-/

by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 4:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 28, 2013 at 4:52 PM
4 moms liked this
Well your child shouldn't be talking during class anyway. If she wasn't talking she most likely would have heard the teacher

Not sure why it went anon... This is
CherryBlossom.
christina0607
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 4:53 PM
1 mom liked this
I would leave it alone. I understand she has hearing issues, but now maybe she'll tryharder to watch the teacher for cues that she needs to be quiet.

cLanief
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 4:55 PM
Leave it be. It could really have been she didn't hear her... but it could have been cuz she was talking.
3boys1girl32
by Platinum Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 4:55 PM
I wouldn't make it to much of a issue,now if it happened everyday then I would be concerned.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 28, 2013 at 4:56 PM
4 moms liked this

This is my thought also. Whether she is hearing deficit, she should not be talking during class time and to the excess that she isn't paying attention. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Well your child shouldn't be talking during class anyway. If she wasn't talking she most likely would have heard the teacher

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 28, 2013 at 4:58 PM

My DD got in trouble and written up on the bus today and when she got home she was visibly upset. Her allergies have been bothering her and she had some tissue for her nose. Well, she ripped a piece of it and it fell on the floor of the bus. The bis driver thought she threw it on the floor on purpose, which she didn't. She told him it was an accident and he said he didn't care and was gonna write her up and give it to the principal tomorrow.

kgsharber
by Gold Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 4:58 PM
1 mom liked this

If your DD wasn't talking she would have heard the teacher.

CherryBlossom.
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 4:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Not sure why it went anon the first time, but that's what I'm saying, her child should be in trouble for talking in class. No idea why the op is upset with the school. Makes no sense

Quoting Anonymous:

This is my thought also. Whether she is hearing deficit, she should not be talking during class time and to the excess that she isn't paying attention. 

Quoting Anonymous:

mom011598
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 5:00 PM

You can't protect your kid from every aspect of life. Leave it be.

ashley9603
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 5:01 PM

Well if she broke the rules,there are consequences whether she meant to or not.My dd has autism and used to be prone to massive meltdowns.Once she learned I was not going to bail her out,she started rethinking her behavior.Yes she still had issues in the beginning,however she now knows that there are consequences.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN